|35| Graduation

Chapter Thirty-Five: Graduation

There is many upsides to having the gift of immortality: the never ending knowledge you can achieve, the ability to live out every dream, to know you are living out history. The downsides however are abundant: never changing, never growing old and having a family of your own, always having to restart every few years.

Alina always hated this part.

As soon as she found herself happy in her new home, she had to leave again. And graduation was a sign of the time. Time to move on and uproot her life again.

Although, this time she was happy to sit within the crowd of students, watching Jessica Stanley give some basic Valedictorian speech. She sat in between Alice and Edward watching the teacher drone on about some motivational garbage. But soon enough she found herself walking the stage and receiving a diploma which she knew she would be throwing in the trash when she got home.

Once the ceremony was over, she made her way to Carlisle where she saw him talking to Charlie Swan. She walked over, giving the human man a short hug whilst insuring she wasn't breathing in his scent. "Hey Charlie. How are you?"

"I'm good. I was just talking to your dad about how you stayed with us a few months ago."

"Yeah, thankfully everything is resolved now. Back to the status quo."

"You let me know if he upsets you again, got it?"

Alina laughed, "I will do."

Jasper walked up to Alina and took her hand in his, before dragging her away from the crowd and back into Emmett's Jeep. They had borrowed it as Esme said they couldn't bring Jasper's motorbike to the graduation.

"What was that all about?" Alina said, smiling at Jasper.

"I wanted you alone, Darlin'. Is that too much to ask?"

"No... but what do you have planned."

"I thought we could go hunting before the party."

The party. Alice has insisted they throw a party for the entirety of the student body in celebration for their graduation. She had said it was for Bella's first graduation but everyone knew better.

Alina was dreading it. She hated parties, especially ones in her own home where people would be snooping around her stuff, moving thing and just being in her space.

"Do we have to go? I hate these things."

Jasper laughed and took Alina's hand as he started pulling up the long driveway to the house. "Yes. Alice would throw a fit."

"When doesn't she?"

"Now, now. Play nice."

Alina rolled her eyes at her fiancé, knowing that she would lose this argument. But she didn't mind. This was the first time in a while she had seen Jasper be his normal self. The one who teased her, the one who told jokes that were not always appropriate, the one she loved with all of her being. So she didn't mind losing the argument as she got something better instead.