|32| Vote

Chapter Thirty-Two: Vote

Jasper stood rigid at the back of the room. He kept Alina pressed into his side, scared that if he didn't have her in his grasp, she would disappear again and he would be alone once more.

The rest of the family could only smile at them. It had been so long since they had seen Jasper back to himself. They didn't realise how much the two of them completed each other. It only made them more thankful to have their own mates by their side.

All except Alice, who kept looking into her future to see anything at all. She had spent most of her time away from Forks looking for her mate with little luck. She only got a set of initials: E.M. She had travelled to New Orleans where she saw them but she soon had to return to Denali where she was staying with the rest of her family.

"Bella will be here in a second," Alice said, as she walked over to the side to adjust a vase. The base she had been fiddling with for the past ten minutes. "She wants our opinion."

Carlisle hummed as his attention drew to the stairway where Edward led Bella into the room. She started her speech explaining herself. And then she asked for a vote.

Alice walked over to Bella and gave her a hug. "I already consider you my sister; yes.

"It would be nice not to want to kill you all the time." Jasper laughed, before pulling Alina in tighter. He looked down to her, prompting her answer.

"I wouldn't have stuck around so long if I didn't see you becoming one of us."

Bella nodded in thanks to the pair before going around the room for other answers. And it wasn't long until the family had voted: Bella Swan was going to die.

--

Alina stood watching the wind flow through the trees. She had been there a while, she didn't know long long but a few good hours had passed. She did know that Jasper had been watching her.

"I'm sorry." She said, still watching the leaves in the breeze.

He stood up and walked over to his mate so his chest was to her back. He gently wrapped his arms around her torso. "It wasn't your fault; it was mine. I should been there to protect you."

"You can't blame yourself for everything, you know that right?"

"But its true, Darlin'. I failed you."

Alina smiled and turned in his arms so she could face him. "You haven't failed me. There's no possible way you could ever fail me. You have given me more in life then I ever thought I would have. You saved me the day we met, and you kept saving me from every moment moving forwards from there."

Jasper moved Alina out of his grasp and pulled her over to lay on the bed like they had done so many times before. She laid down with her head on his chest, where his undead heart rested.

"You know what, Darlin'?"

"What?"

"You did the exact same thing for me."