|31| Stain

Chapter Thirty-One: Stain

The bleach stung Alina's nose as she tried to scrub the blood stain out of the floor. She had been trying for about half an hour now without much luck. Alina had been clearing up what little mess that was left from the incident in September. She had managed to remove all of the broken furniture and even clear up the ruins of her and Jasper's bedroom. All that was left was the blood stain.

If she was human, she would've scrubbed her hands down to the bone with how rough she was going on the floor. She just wanted the stain gone. She didn't know why she wanted it gone but she had worked it down to two reasons. One: she wanted to occupy her mind. Or the more likely option number two: she couldn't bare to see what happened to Jasper in her absence; even if it wasn't her fault.

The blood, however much she she tried, didn't budge at all. Carlisle watched sadly at his daughter as she kept trying. She was so focused that she didn't notice her family arrive back. He walked forwards slowly, trying not to disturb her, "Alina. Don't worry. Leave it."

"No. I need to fix it." She said, keeping her eyes on the stain.

Carlisle put his hand on her shoulder trying to get her to stop. "Alina"

"No. No, no, no, no!" She said, her tone rapidly gaining speed in panic and urgency. "I need- I need to get this out!"

"Alina. It's fine."

"No!"

"Alina." Her name was called out again, but she was trying to tune it out. She didn't want to listen. She just wanted the stain out. "I need you to listen to me."

"No! No, no, no."

He made his way across the room, and sweep her into his arms. Jasper couldn't stand seeing her in pain. He couldn't find himself being angry at her for staying away, especially when he saw how broken she was.

"Shhh. It'll be okay, Darlin'. It'll all be okay." Jasper whispered as he cradled his mate, rocking her back and forth, trying to calm her down.

"No. No it won't." She cried, trying to get closing to him.

"It will. I promise you it will." Jasper stopped rocking her and readjusted themselves so that they were facing each other. "I promise you on my being that it will."

Gently, Jasper stood up and carried Alina up to their joint room. He knew that she would want as much privacy she could get. Even if she didn't realise it at the time.

"It'll all be okay, Darlin'. I promise."