Chapter 14

2nd person POV

You met up with the boys and were heading to the arena for the date tech match when someone called Daichi's name.

"Sawamura!"

Everyone turned. 'It's the captain of the team we just versed.'

They guy looked as though he was about to cry as he grabbed a hold of Daichi's shoulders.

Noya started to get really protective and looked as though he was ready to attack if he said anything. You took his hand and started lightly rubbing your thumb on the palm of his hand. You had done this a few times before noticing how it calmed him down. He started to relax and you could feel him start to hold your hand back as his muscles lost their tension. As you looked at his face he turned his head ever so slightly, in order to see you. He gave you a small smile and you smiled back.

You looked over at Tanaka knowing he gets the same way and noticed Kiyoko hand her hand on his arm, rubbing her thumb agents it. 'Looks like he has the same calming technique as Nishi' You sighed lightly at how cute they were and started paying attention to what was happening in front of you.

A/n: If you can't tell, yes i'm a TanaKiyo shipper. Let me live.

"Please keep winning." He cried out "For my team too."

Silence. It was pure silence for a few seconds as everyone took in what he just said. Then Daichi reached out and took his hand with both of his.

"We'll do our best." He said looking at him.

The guy had tears in his eyes as he smiled at you all. That's when it really hit you. Not everyone is gonna be able to move on. Some people aren't gonna be able to play anymore. For others, they just lost their first game. Or their last in their high school career. We are so lucky to be able to play another round. Another game of the sport we all love.

***

"Karasuno was really good"

"I know right, the tiny guy really surprised me""

You overheard some guys talking about Hinata. You looked over at him and saw that he was so excited. Kageyama noticed it too and started staring at him.

"What can't I be excited about?! No one has ever talked about me like that!"

Kageyama then started giving Hinata his scary smile "Oh but i haven't said a word Hinata. In fact you're getting some recognition. The more the teams feel intimidated by you the more damage you will be able to do."

"I-" Hinata started "I'm not sure what that means but judging by the look on your face it's something evil"

Kageyama looked stunned. He grabbed that top of Hinata's head and started squeezing it as Hinata desperately tried to get free. You chuckled as Coach Ukai came up to you.

"That's right kageyama. We need Hinata to shine bright out there, so bright the other team won't be able to see our real plan. Now we are gonna use the same starting line up as we did in round one." He said

You looked at Suga with some remorse on your face. 'Was he gonna get a chance to play?'

"Our match agents date tech is at 1:30, so stay loose you guys." Daichi informed you all.

You all dispersed to go find lunch, get a little practice in or just relax for a moment. You walked up to Kiyoko.

"Sooooo?" You asked her in a teasing tone

"So?" She looked at you confused

"I saw the way you were holding onto Tanaka's arm earlier, stroking it with your thumb to calm him down" You poked at her shoulder. "Spilllll"

"Spill what y/n-chan? About Tanaka? There is nothing happening between the two of u-"

"Nuh-uh there is no way your relationship has zero romantic feelings." You interrupted "You think i don't see the way you look at him during practice? Or how you are always wanting to give him his water and not me? The compliments, giggles, little touches, I could go on!" You teased her.

"Ok ok! I admit...i might possibly have something for him...but please don't tell anyone y/n-chan! When I tell him I want it to be just him and I, in a nice calm, romantic setting."

"Fineeee. I'll keep my mouth shut." You pretend to zip up your mouth and smile at her.

You guys walked into the gym and started getting everything set up. You placed the water bottles and made sure they were filled. You folded the last towel and felt as though someone was watching you. You turned around to see Noya staring right at you. Realizing he was caught in the act he immediately looked away. You giggled at him. He looked back up at you and started chuckling as well. You were looking at each other mouthing some nonce when the Date Tech cheer started.

"Go Go Date Tech, Date Tech, here we go!" One guy yelled.

"Go Go Date Tech, Date Tech, here we go!" The audience repeated.

They did this a few times and it was just loud and annoying to you. You wished they would just shut up. You guessed Noya had seen how annoyed you were getting so he came and rubbed his hand on your head.

"Hey y/n, not worry."

"Sorry...it just you told me about what happened last time you guys played date tech. I don't want that to affect how you do right now."

"Don't worry. It wont. If anything it will just make us want to win even more."

"Ok...Just remember if you need anything i'm here."

"I know."

"Now get out there and play your best!"

"Mmm!" He nodded and jogged out onto the court.

'Damn that boy, always knowing what to say.'

"Alright date tech let's do this!" The date tech captain yelled as they came out of their huddle.

Ugh. You groaned again.

The boys started their receiving drills and everything was chill until it was Noyas turn.

"ROLLINGGGG THUNDERRRRRRR! AGAIN!" He yelled as he dove for the ball doing a rolling receive.

The whole gym went silent and everyone started at him. He smirked and chuckled as he stood up tall.

"There ya go."

"N-Nice receive Noya! I mean that was perfect" Tanaka said, holding in his laugh. "Except for the name" He mumbled.

"You wanna say that to me again?!" Noya glared at Tanaka ready to strike

"Teach me!" Hinata came up beside Nishi "Teach me the again too!"

Everyone started laughing and you smiled, losing all tension you had before. These guys really know how to lighten a mood even if they don't realize it.

"Alright listen here" Noya started, bringing the mood to a much more serious one. "You guys have nothing to be afraid of at all!"

"Huh" everyone stood there in shock as you sat there and smiled knowing exactly what was happening.

"Focus on whats in front of you, i promise i'll always have your back." Noya smiled at them.

"Wow. HE'S AMAZING!" Some of the guys yelled out.

Your smile grew wider, he really was amazing and you knew it. Everyone knew it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boom! Chapter 14! This chapter was kinda just me stalling cuz ion know how i'm gonna write the date tech game....there is just so much. I'll get the next chapter out next week around this time. Sorry for always updating at this time, i usually write really late so i post late (if ur in my time zone). I hope you have a good night/day or whatever.

- char