Chapter 45

2nd person POV

After breakfast it was time for training. Karasuno worked their asses off but still ended up losing all of the games.

"I swear we have to do that one more time, I'm gonna die." Asahi said breathlessly as you gave him a water bottle.

"Well there has to be a penalty for loosing. Besides your getting a good workout and improsving your stamina."

"If you think it's such a good idea why don't you join us?" Suga asked

"Uh- well- you see i-"

"Hey everyone! The Shinzen high school club parents came and they brought watermelon!" Eri announced while she, Kaori and Yukie held plates filled with freshly cut watermelon.

Everyone rushed outside for a snack break. You all ate then got back to work.

Ukai and Takeda were talking while you told Kiyoko things to write down, watching the game intensely.

You caught a bit of what Ukai was saying

"He passes the test but never aims for the perfect score. That's what I think of him. I don't need him to be passionate but for other players to keep growing they are all gonna outdo him and I won't be able to keep him as a regular."

"I don't think beanpole would even mind being benched, it just gives him an excuse to quit." You said

"Actually, he would hate it." Ukai said

"Huh?" You looked at him

"Tsukishima wants to be on this team just as much as everyone else. He always says that 'it's just a game' but he does enjoy it. Getting benched would suck."

"Wow." Yachi said as Daichi and Nishinoya collided. "They are really into it."

"Yeah the guys always get really into the game and will sometimes forget that they have to involve their teammates. A collision like last time can result in serious injuries." Kiyoko said bringing up when Hinata and Asahi collided in mid-air resulting in Hinata falling on his back during a game that happened earlier in the day.

You continued watching the game happening in front of you.

The ball was in the air and Hinata looked like he was gonna run for it but then, he stopped. He turned his head and looked at Asahi who was radiating this energy as if it was saying 'This ball is mine'.

Hinata took a step back and Asahi went for it, smashing right through the blockers.

"Looks like i didn't need to worry after all." Kiyoko smiled

"I was sure Hinata was going to go for that." Yachi said

"He was." You told her "But the ace wanted it."

The day ended with Karsuno getting their asses kicked again. You were really hyped about practicing with Kuroo and Bokuto again.

You were stretching when Akaashi, Kurro and Bokuto walked into the gym.

"Tsukishitmas not with you?" You asked them

"Nope, said he was done for the day." Bokuto mumbled. Clearly offended

"Not surprised, that guy wouldn't know what extra effort was if you shoved it down his throat."

The four of you started practicing. You started with a few serves each then got to the real work. Akaashi was setting, Bokuto spiking, Kuroo blocking and you receiving.

"Oya?"

"Oya oya?"

"Oya oya oya?"

You looked up and saw Tsukishima standing in front of the three boys at the door and made your way over.