Chapter 23

2nd person POV

It was a deuce and Tanaka was up to serve. Number 3 on Aoba Johsai received it, Oikawa set and number 12  spiked the ball and then it was blocked by Karasuno.

"Chance ball!" Noya yelled as he received it and sent it to Kageyama who then set it to Hinata.

It got over and once again when Aoba Joshai sent it back it was a,

"Chance ball!" Daichi yelled as he received it and sent it to Kageyama, another set to Hinata and it was received again. He ran over to the other side of the court where Asahi was, ready to block.

'Damn that kid is fast.'  Y ou thought as you watched him.

They jumped up in attempts to block it

"Nice one touch" Daichi said as he received it and once again sent it to Kageyama. He set it to Hinata.

'Crap crap crap, Hinata isn't jumping high enough, he isn't gonna be able to get a proper spike in!'  You thought, starting to tense up. He gave the ball a little tap, a feint. The ball fell just over the net, far enough so number 4 couldn't block it but not too far so the libero could receive it. Hinata fell out of the court and onto his head.

'Is he o-' You started to think but your thoughts were cut off by the orange haired boy jumping up and looking at the referee 'He's alright... moron' The whistle blew and it was another point for Karasuno.

"Yeahhhh!" You said cheering, Hinata and Nishinoya jumping up and high five as Tanaka was hitting Kageyama on the back "See that! You just saved our asses big time!" he said.

"One more point." You mumbled

"Easier said than done." Kiyoko added, mumbling as well.

You looked up at her, "Yeah....but they can do it, right?"

"Yes. They can." She had a small smile on her face as the team re-took their positions.

Tanaka served again and number 3 received. Oikawa set it to number 12, wait no number 4. But Hinata didn't notice that so he jumped too early, resulting in number 4 getting another point for Aoba Johsai.

'Ok it isn't that bad, this was going to be hard from the beginning. I knew that. We just can't fall behind.' You thought looking up, 'Shit. Of course he is up to serve. I swear he is always up to serve at the worst times. Universe, why do you do this?' You thought, staring at Aoba Joshai's captain.

He jumped up for another powerful serve, it was headed straight for Nishinoya.

'Common......common Nishi.....'

He was ready to receive when he just tilted his head to the side and the ball flew right past him. The whistle blew and the red flags went up, it was out.

"Hell yeah! That's my man! Whooooooooo!" You yelled jumping up and everyone just looked at you. "Heh....sorry....." you said sitting down.

You looked up and Nishi was looking at you, he winked, gave you a thumbs up and looked back at the game, resulting in you blushing.

Kiyoko elbowed you "You guys are seriously adorable."

"Shut up....i know heh" You said, smirking but right as you looked back at game number 4 was spiking the ball, right onto Karasuno's side. 'And we are tied again.'

Point for Aoba Johsai, point for Karasuno. Aoba Johsai again then karasuno. Hard spikes, difficult receives and powerful serves. It felt like it went on forever. You looked over at the scoreboard. 31-31. Tied. Still. Everyone was getting more and more tense by the second. Even Kiyoko was starting to show how nervous she was, gripping her note book so hard it started to get crumpled.

'Shit, the rotation has already gone full circle and Oikawa is up to serve again.' You thought as he walked up, ready to serve.

"One play takes it." Daichi said

"Yeah!" Nishinoya replied.

Oikawa started, 'One, two, three' You counted his steps. 'Arms back, and....jump' You thought as Oikawa's movements did exactly what you thought. 'Bam' He served the ball and Daichi received it. 'Chance ball.' You watched the ball fly over to Aoba Johsai's side. Oikawa was getting ready to set it. 'Who is it going to?' You watched and thought. The ball went toward the left 'The other side?' Number 13 jumped up. 'Him?!' He spiked the ball, Kageyama received it but it went right over again, 'What the hell, another chance ball.' Oikawa set the ball again, '13?! Again?!' He spiked the ball but this time it was a little too far forward for Kageyama to receive. He dived forward and it hit the ground. 'Crap its match point again.' You wanted the scoreboard flip 32-31, Aoba Johsai. 'Oikawa's still serving too.'

"Hellooooo, Kageyama! Hey!" You looked over to see Hinata yelling, attempting to get his raven haired teammates attention. "Jeez you're not about to freak out on me are you?" He smirked as he brought his hand out his mouth. Kageyama turned to look at him. He stood there for a few seconds then grabbed the shorter one's face and twisted it, squeezing his cheeks.

Hinata pushed his hand off his face, "Listen to me! A king is obviously gonna be scared of a great king! It's right in the name!" He screamed, looking pissed off. "I mean the guy even looks way smarter than you!" He yelled again as Kageyama attempted to punch him in the face.  Hinata jumped out the side dodging his first attempt then dropped down, dodging his second.

"Sorry Kageyama," Daichi started, interrupting the 2 first years. "But hey, I promise I'll get it to you next time." he continued. "Then we will do what we usually do, follow your lead for the attack."

"Kageyama, quit doubting yourself! What did I tell you before?!" Suga yelled out from the side.

"Exactly! So don't freak out dummy! We are all  here to help you!" You added, smiling.

"Our guys are all good." Kageyama finally said, looking at his team.

"They really are like the parents of the team." Hinata mumbled to Tanaka.

"Yeah and Y/n is like the big sister even though she is younger than most of us."

"Mhmmm" Hinata nodded.

"It's not my fault you are all so immature!" You said, a little louder than usual so they could hear you.

"Euhhh" They both made a noise showing how embarrassed they were to be caught by you and then called immature.

"I hope his royal highness did get nervous seeing that other king." Tsukishima said

"Heh...Kageyama isn't the old, lonely, king of the court he used to be." Suga replied, smirking.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And chapter 23 is out. My parents forced me to go on a nature walk today and I definitely used up all of my energy for the next 3 weeks but I "HaVe tO lEaVe tHe HoUsE aNd ExPeRiEnCe NaTuRe ''. It's not like I don't enjoy doing that kinda stuff but I have a lot of anime to catch up on and that takes priority! Also have an amazing rest of your Easter weekend. I hope you enjoyed this chapter and have a good day/night or whatever.

- char