Chapter 38

2nd person POV

The practice match started after the huddle. Ukai said his few usual words of encouragement and so did you. The match started. You yelled corrections at the boys and they took them like usual. You looked over to see how Yachi was doing and she looked.... Amazed.

"Is that what i looked like the first time i watched them play?" you asked

"Uh" Ukai followed where your finger was pointing and when he saw Yachi he smiled. "You looked more excited, like you want to go out there, though I couldn't tell if you wanted to play with them or against them."

You just smiled in response remembering the first time you watched them.

***

The practice match ended with karasuno winning in the second set. You packed up and met with Jiyu at the front of the school. They two of you walked home and talked about your day, her throwing in some science questions here and there, testing you.

"Hey i've been meaning to ask you," You said and she looked at you "Why do you stay at school so late?"

"Oh! Well I'm in a club."

"Really? I did not know that. Which one?"

"Guess." She said, stopping striking a pose.

Her right hand was on her chest with her body positioned toward her left. It was in the air positioned at the sky with her eyes locked on it in a way that looked as though she was about to say a long, emotional monologue.

"Theater?" You asked

"Yes ma'am!" She smiled at you

"I'm honestly not surprised, you are very much a theater kid."

"I take that as a complement." She laughed

"How long?"

"uhhhhhh..." She said as she counted her fingers "About 3 years"

"It's recent." You said and she nodded "Why theatre?"

"Well when I was younger I never really knew what I wanted to do. When someone would ask what I wanted to be, my only response was a shrug. In school during those assignments about growing up I would just say teacher. It was this one time when I went to see the musical wicked. Right then and there, at the age of 13 I decided I was going to act. I went home and read a bunch of books on acting. I watched movies and some videos on youtube. I knew that this was my destiny. I don't care where or how but I'm going to be acting."

"Wow."

"What about you?"

"What do you mean?"

"What's your deal with volleyball?"

"Oh- honestly I don't know. There isn't one single day in my life that I can remember not loving volleyball."

"So you just came out your mother holding a volleyball"

"No you idiot!" The two of you laughed "What I'm saying is, I've just always loved the sport. I don't remember a specific thing that happened. There was no little switch that flicked on in my head, it was just always on..."

After talking to Jiyus parents, who really liked your idea about controlling her coffee income, you went home.

The next two days went by calmly. You woke up and got ready for school. After walking with Nishi you'd meet with Jiyu to study then once the bell rang, got to class. Eat lunch with Kiyoko, Yachi and Jiyu then do the rest of your classes. Then have afternoon practice. Finally you'd hang out with Ojjiisan, Nishi, eat dinner, watch some anime, study and head off to sleep. The next thing you knew it was Saturday.