Chapter 21

2nd Person POV

Again it was just a rally, with in about 5 minutes of playing each team only earned one point. Hinata was running getting ready to spike but he wasn't being marked.

'Ok Hinata just go for it unmarked!' You thought. He jumped and spiked the ball but Aoba Joshai's Libero received it and sent it to oikawa. He did a setter dump. 'Are you kidding me?! That's all it took?! They confused them for a split second and were able to pull a setter dump?! Ughhhhhhh!'

'Of course. Now of all times Oikawa is up to serve. I swear he is always serving right when we are the most vulnerable.' Oikawa served and hit the net, he looked surprised for a moment and it tipped over the net onto Karasuno's side. 'Did Oikawa just screw up his serve? I almost forgot he could do that...'

"And there is another point for Aoba Johsai" Someone from the audience said

"Just over that net that was close" Another replied

Oikawa served again, this time no screw up but Noya received it.

"Cover!" He yelled

"Got it!" both Asahi and Kageyama yelled in unison

Kageyama bumped the ball to Asahi and he bumped it over the net. It ended up going into a really, long rally. 'We need to get control of this rally, it would help out a crap tone and hopefully get us the point we need to get into a grove with this stupid set.' 

"HEYYYYYYYYYYYY" Hinata yelled as Asahi saved the ball, "CENTER!" He yelled again

"It's all you Hinata!" Noya said as he send the ball to him

"Common Hinata!" Some of the boys yelled as the smaller jumped

Hinata smoked the ball but it was stopped by a three way block.

'Shit, that's another point for them. The point game needs to get closed now.' You thought as you looked over that the score, 19-16. 'Three points are 3 to many.' Ukai called for a time out and everyone gathered around. Ukai looked like he didn't know what to say. 'I need to say something'

"C'mon guys you can do this! I believe in you, everyone here believes in you! Just take a quick breather and chill out!" You said to them

'I really don't know what to say here....they aren't doing anything wrong but Aoba Johsai is still winning We need to find a way to- That's it!' You thought as you looked up in the audience. The boys walked back out onto the court.

"Coach, I have an idea." You poked Ukai's arm

"Whats up kid?" He said tilting his head a little, not looking away from the game happening in front of him.

"We need a way to break the flow for Aoba Johsai right? Well i think i have an idea on how to do that." You started and he just nodded showing he was listening, "We wanna surprise them so why not put in someone who they have no clue about, like Yamaguchi. He hasn't played in an official match before so no one could possibly know what his strengths or weaknesses are. He is a complete wild card to them"

"You're right but he isn't exactly the strongest player."

"That's why we put him in as a pinch server. We would swap him out for Hinata because he isn't exactly the best at serving and then switch him right back out once he's done."

"Perfect, one thing though. That boy has no confidence at all, he might just shit himself if we put him in."

"I can handle that, at least I think I can." You smiled

"Amazing, I knew you would be an amazing assistant coach." He finished patting your head

The game continued and we made our way over to Yamaguchi.

"Hey."

"Uh-hi" He said looking a little confused on why u were talking to him

"Look you're gonna be put in to serve for Hinata."

"What?!"

"I know you have been working on your jump float with that old dude from that store. I've seen you two practicing a few times while I was out on a walk. I think you can do it, just be confident in yourself."

"Easier said than done..." He mumbled "don't get me wrong y/n, i'm grateful you thought of me but are you sure i'm the best choice or this."

"Yes. You're the only person I know 100% that no one on Aoba Johsai has seen play so they won't be able to predict what you do. All you have to do is walk out there looking confident, get a few good serves in and come right back out. It's not that scary, trust me i've done it thousands of times."

"A-alright i'll try. But I'm still not too sure."

"You're gonna do great!" You said as you rubbed his arm. "Confidence is key here." You turned around and walked back to your seat.

"So?" Kiyoko asked you.

"I don't know. I'm usually good at reading people but I can't tell what he is going to do. It's either gonna be great, he is gonna get 5 serves in or go horribly and he is gonna screw up the first one." You said looking at the boy you just walked away from. "Lets just hope he gains us a point and not the other team." You finished.

The whistle blew and there on the side stood the one and only Yamaguchi Tadashi....shaking, looking like he was gonna throw up.

'That is not confidence. Not at all.' You thought, sighing.

Hinata walked up to Tadashi "I hope you do good." He started "But not as good as I can do!" He finished looking up and taking the card from Yamaguchi's hand.

'He can even take being out for a second' You thought shaking your head.

"Tadashi, turn the tide for us." Ukai said standing up.

"Ok." He said stepping out onto the court. As he stepped out he froze immediately. 'Oh i know how he is feeling, the first time on the court, scary~' You thought giggling

"Hey, this is your time to shine Tadashi!" Tanaka said smiling at him

"Just do your best." Daichi smiled

"Yeah good luck" Kageyama added

"Don't worry just u relax and uh take it easy out there" Asahi said, looking even more scared then the first year boy did.

"This would be so stressful being put in now, and he probably feels bad being put in before the upperclassmen..." Ennoshita said

"Yeah you're right" Suga agreed.

The two of them looked at each other and then whispered to everyone else who was on the side. They all lined up and get into little poses

"Hey tadashi!" they yelled "Good luck, Whooooooo!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you enjoyed this week's chapter. I was thinking about it earlier and I just realized how long this is getting. I mean this is chapter 21 and I haven't even finished writing for season one yet. I know for sure I wanna write season 2 but idk if i should do 3 and 4. This is gonna be crazy long at that point then. It's really your guys choice. I don't care that much either way so if you have an opinion about it let me know, should i do all 4 seasons or end at season 2? Anyways that's all, i hope you have a good day/night or whatever.

- char