Chapter 40

2nd person POV

Yachi walked back into the living room with Hinata and Kageyama at her side, they were both panting and out of breath.

"Why are you...." You started

"I.....I was walking and saw Kageyama on the other side of the road.....when I saw him I started running and we.....we raced here....." Hinata said, taking breaths between words

"And I won...." Kageyama added

"DID NOT!" Hinata yelled, somehow regaining all his energy

"DID TOO!" Kageyama screamed back, doing the same

"DID NOT!"

"DID TOO!"

"DID NOT!"

"DID TOO!"

"DID NOT!"

"DID TOO!"

"Will you shut up?" A voice came from behind the two boys.

During their little squabble the doorbell rang and Yachi had let Tsukishima and Yamaguchi in.

"Shut up, turd face!" Hinata yelled at Tsukishima and he just rolled his eyes

"I wasn't the one yelling in another person's house." He shot back

Before Hinata could say anything, you stopped them. "Ok let's not do this right now, come and sit down." You gestured to the floor around you.

Everyone took their seats. Hinata sat beside you against one of the couches. Yachi sat at the head of the table closest to Hinata with her back to the door. Yamaguchi was opposite you and Tsukishima was opposite Hinata. Kageyama was at the other head of the table leaning against the other couch. 

Yachi gave everyone a booklet and everyone got to work. Hinata and Kageyama would ask questions every few seconds and either you or Yachi would help. Tsukishima mostly kept to himself. He had his headphones on and would sometimes ask for clarification on things or say how stupid Kageyama and Hinata were. Yamaguchi looked like he was struggling, not with understanding but to keep focused. He kept staring at Yachi, blushing a little. You would kick him under the table to get his attention and when he would look at you all you'd do is smirk. Then his head would shoot down and he'd look at his work, face red.

After about 20 minutes you finished 5 of the 15 page booklet but your phone rang. You apologized and walked out of the room to take the call.

"Hello?"

"Y/n! I'm so glad you answered! I'm bored out of my mind. Wanna go and get some ice cream with me or something? Maybe we could review your notes too. I was also thinking about going to the movies."

"Jiyu, I'm sorry I can't right now, I'm at Yachi's place studying with some of the guys...."

"Oh... sorry my bad. I shouldn't have assumed. I'll just find something else to do then."

"Wait wait no! Hold on." You muted yourself and walked back into the room

"Would it be ok if I invited one of my friends over? She's really smart and could help us out. She's also really fun."

"Are you talking about Jiyu?" Yachi asked

"Yeah."

"Who's Jiyu?" Hinata asked.

"This girl in my class, she's in our math, history, phys ed and english class" You said looking at Tsukishima and Yamaguchi

"Jiyu.... Like Jiyu Suzuki?" Yamaguchi asked