Chapter 17

2nd person POV

The first set continued again and Kageyama went for a setter dump.

'You can't go so fast with a dump kageyama you know this.' You thought stressing a little because the point gap just kept growing.

Just then Tanaka went for a spike and it got over, hitting the ground making both Nishi and Tanaka start yelling. You yelled a little too of course. 

Aoba Johsai was reading Kageyama and Hinata's code and was able to block their spikes much more accurately now. On top of that Oikawa was up to serve and it looked as though he was targeting Tanaka. 

Ukai called a timeout and gave them some tips but you weren't really listening. You just kept thinking about how bad this was going already.

'I can't stop thinking negatively. We are already losing so badly and it's the first set. I knew Aoba Johsai was strong but not this strong.'

"Y/n, you ok?" Nishi poked your arm.

"Oh, yeah sorry my bad, negative thoughts." You admitted looking down.

"Hey it's ok don't worry. I have faith, so you should too. Now common, give us some positive vibes~" He said, kinda singing the last part as he moved his arms in a wave motion.

"I know i know! Positive vibes~" You copied him.

"Good," He said, patting your head and going back to the conversation with the rest of the team.

All of a sudden everyone looked over to loud grunting. Tanaka had slapped himself in the face.

'What the hell'

"I'M SORRY " He yelled.

Nishinoya tried to calm him down. "Tanaka chill out! That last serve was ridiculous, i should have helped y-"

"SHUT IT, I DIDN'T CALL FOR THE BALL!" Tanaka interrupted "I just- i wasn't focused! And i'll be kicking myself like hell when the game is over! I don't wanna drag you guys down. And i wont have you wasting your time, crying over my stupid mistakes! I'll... do better." he finished. Ukai then started laughing.

"The fact that you can say that is good enough for me buddy."

"Thanks. heh"

"Just make sure to use your arms and feet, it will bounce right off you" He continued, giving him some pointers.

"You could stand to be more like Tanaka, you know what Asahi." Noya said, looking up at his friend.

"I'm just doing my best here ok!" He defended himself as everyone laughed.

The game kept moving and the point gap just continued to grow. Kageyama's sets were spreading up more and more, making you nervous.

'Shit shit shit shit shit' Your thoughts kept getting  more and more negative when the whistle blew. You looked up and saw Suga holding up the number 9 card. 'They Are switching Kageyama out? I mean it makes sense, his sets are getting too hard for anyone to spike. I just hope Suga will be able to help us out here'

"I already told you i was gonna be the first to beat you! Don't you dare lose to those guys first!" Hinata was yelling at Kageyama.

"Don't be a dumbass, the game is still going" He replied bluntly walking to the side of the court.

"Kageyama stay warm, I just want you to take a break and cool down." Ukai said. "Besides, maybe you can learn sometime for your upperclassman."

"HERE" Suga said punching Daichi in the stomach