Chapter 8

2nd person POV

As you open your eyes after what felt like a forever of sleep you noticed that you weren't in your bedroom. 'Well maybe i fell asleep in Noyas room again' Was the first thought that came to your mind but no, this wasn't his room. This looked different. More like... a hospital room. Were you in the hospital? Why were you in the hospital? What happened?

As you turned your head you saw Ojiisan sleeping on a chair in the corner of your room. What time was it? Was it night? Did he sleep here with you all night? As you were trying to figure out what was happening to you the door to your room opened. There stood Noya. He had on his clothes that he usually wears to practice, in fact this is the same outfit you saw him in last. You were starting to remember what had happened when he noticed you were awake.

"(Y/N)!" He ran over to your side and hugged you. Ojisan jumped awake and when he saw what was happening he ran into the hallway calling for a doctor.

"(Y/N)!!!! OH THANK GOD I THOUGHT YOU WERE NEVER GONNA WAKE UP! DO YOU REMEMBER WHAT HAPPENED?! ARE YOU OK?! CAN YOU HEAR ME?! CAN YOU TALK?!"

"Yu." Ojiisan said and Nishi stopped talking. "I understand you're excited that Nikko is awake but you need to be careful. She could still be hurt. So get off of her and stop screaming." He continued in his tired, stern voice.

"Yeah sorry. Sorry (y/n)." He said quietly getting off of you. "How are you?"

"I-i'm ok... What happened? All I remember is practicing with you in the girls' gym then going to get water. How did I get here?"

"(n/n) while you were walking towards me you passed out. Cold. We called the ambulance but as we were waiting you had a seizure. You've been out for almost the whole day."

A/n: For an idea you passed out around 8:30am and its around right now 4:00

"Really? I-I've never had a seizure before. Or even passed out like that. Does the doctor know what happened?"

"Yes they do. You have Long QT. It's a heart problem. (Y/n).... it keeps you from doing things that work your heart to much. Including sports." He hesitated "Which means, no more volleyball."

"No. No. No, no no nonononono! NOOO! NO I NEED VOLLEYBALL IN MY LIFE! I LOVE IT TOO MUCH TO GIVE IT UP! YOUR LYING! I WANT TO TALK TO THE DOCTOR! THERE HAS TO BE SOME SORT OF MEDICATION I CAN TAKE TO HELP THIS!" You started screaming and crying trying to get out of bed. Ojiisan grabbed onto you and indeed you down.

"(Y/N) PLEASE STOP!" Ojiisan screamed at you while Nishi just stood there in absolute shock.

"NO NO NO!" You screamed. You went limp and just started sobbing. "No. i-i-i need volleyball. It's my life. I have to play. No. please. No." You were quietly crying on your bed when both Ojiisan and Nishinoya joined in. All three of you were laying on your hospital bed sobbing.

***

After you all calmed down a little the doctor came into the room to explain to you what was happening.

"So (l/n) (f/n), You are from Canada correct?"

"Yes I am. I'm a foreign exchange student and I'm living with The Nishinoyas for my time staying here."

"I see after i explain everything to you i will need the parent/ guardian or phone number in order to contact them and tell them what is happening."

"Of course."

"Now, mrs (l/n) i'm not exactly sure if you were told this but you have a heart problem called long QT. Long QT is a problem with your heart. It means that sometimes your heart will stop producing blood to your brain for a few seconds causing fainting and seizures."

A/n: This is not a perfect description of long QT but this is my way of explaining it. If you dont understand google it.

"Being that when you do a lot of physical activity your heart has to work harder to pump blood this means you can not do anything that involves you being too physical. So no sports."

"Can I play sometimes? Like maybe if we go to the beach, am i allowed to swim?" You asked

"Of course you just need to be very careful."

"I understand doctor. Thank you so much." You answered trying not to cry again.

***

After a day of resting in the hospital you were back at school but today was not going to be a fun day. Today was the day you were going to have to quit the girls volleyball team. You grew to care and love every single person on that team like a sister and didn't know how you were gonna face them. But first you had practice with the boys and school. You were thinking about quitting the boys team as well. 'I mean what good is an assistant coach who can even assist them?' You thought as you walked into the gym.

"(Y/N)-CHAN!!!"

"(y/n)-chan your back!"

"(y/n) how are you"

"I thought you were dead but look here you are, guess i lucked out."

"Hi (y/n)! I missed you!"

Everyone was crowding you and welcoming you back. Saying sweet things (except for tsukki).

"HEY! BOYS! GET BACK TO WARM UPS OR 30 FLYING LAPS FOR EACH OF YOU!"  You froze after hearing coach Ukais' voice roar through the gym.

"I'll talk to you after" Suga winked at you as he walked away and you nodded.

"Glad to have you back (y/n)-san." Kiyoko hugged you as you sat down beside her.

"Good to be back!"

You just looked at Ukai but you could tell he was glad to have you back. You smiled as you sat down. 'Maybe i'll stay for a little longer'.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone! So here is chapter 8 updated on Wednesday as promised! The next chapter should be out on Sunday! Again I've already started writing the next chapter so there should be no problem. I know this chapter had very little Nishinoya in it but hopefully the next one will have more. Hope you have a good day/night or whatever.

- char