Chapter 18

2nd person POV

"Alright let's stick with the current line up." Ukai said

"SIR!" Everyone replied.

"Our biggest challenge right now is Oikawas serve, so we are gonna beef up our defense." He finished.

The boys walked back into the court and with the blow of the whistle the second set officially began. Each team earned a few points and before you knew it you could hear the screaming fan girls.

Oikawa was up to serve but this time we had a plan. Daichi and Nishinoya were the strongest receivers on the team so we set ourselves up so he would have perfect access to the ball. Just as planned Oikawa served the ball and Daichi received it, sending it to Suga who set the ball right to Tanaka.

"YEAHHHHHH" Everyone screamed, including you. 'So far so good! We received Oikawa's crazy serve and earned a point from it. Just keep it up guys. Keep it up.' You thought feeling better.

***

It was 14 - 15 and Aoba Joshai was in the lead. 'I think they are starting to figure out Suga's setting patterns. He is an amazing setting but he doesn't take crazy risks like Kageyama. His sets aren't usually as fast either.' You thought as your muscles started to tense up. 'No. We are not doing this again. No more switching between emotions like the last set. They are gonna win. They got this.'

Again, again and again they were blocked.

"Suga, set the next ball to me. I'll make it count." Asahi said, with a serious look on his face.

The ball was served. Daichi received it and sent it straight to Suga, who then set it right to Asahi. He broke through the block and earned Karasuno another point.

"Yeah!" You yelled "Nice kill Asahi!"

The whistle blew again and you looked over to see Kageyama standing with the number 2 card. 'I guess Sugas time is up. He did good, really good.'

"Good job." Kiyoko said, smiling, her normal small one.

"Well done" Takeda nodded

"Yeah you kept it neck and neck against those guys." Ukai agreed

"Well that's because we have a great team!" Suga said smiling brightly

"Listen here kid," Ukai continued "i think we will be pushing this setter out as aggressively as possible"

"SURE! THANK YOU SIR!" Suga yelled bowing happily, leaving everyone else shocked.

"Hey" You whispered, grabbing a hold of his arm. "How was it? Playing again?"

"It was great. I kinda forgot what it was like to play a real game."

"Well get used to it dude, you're gonna be out there a lot more." You giggled.

"Of course" He smiled, chuckling at you.

Kageyama walked out onto the court and smiled at the team.

"K-K-Kageyama what are you plotting?! Must be something evil!" Hinata walked back in fear

"What's your problem?!" Tanaka said, looking like he was about to slap Hinata.

"Yeah he's not plotting anything i think this is just the first time hes tried to smile!" Nishi said, in his usually energetic tone.

"You didn't mean that how it sounded right?" Asahi stepped in, shaking a little.

"Screw you Hinata!" Kageyama said, looking irked.

'How can they be so badass yet so stupid at the same time?!' You thought to yourself as you watched the whole interaction.

Kageyama served the ball and the libero didn't receive it so they got a service ace. The ball went back and forth for a little, the Kageyama set to Hinata and they did a quick.

Serve, receive, set, spike, and another point to Aoba Johsai.

Once again Kageyama set to Hinata and they did another quick.

***

It was 21 - 19, with Karasuno in the lead. Aoba Joshi had called another time out. It was pretty obvious to everyone that Kageyama and Tsukishima really didn't get along and that made their attacks uncoordinated and out of sync so you used the time out as an opportunity to try and help.

"Kageyama, come here." You said motioning to the tall setter to come over to you.

"Look, I get that you don't like Tsukishima, most don't, but you still have to try to understand his strengths and weaknesses. Just start with a simple conversation first. Don't force it. I'm not telling you to become best friends with the beanpole but you need to be able to set to him properly." You told him, giving him the best advice you could.

"Alright thanks y/n, i'll try that." He nodded at you and walked back onto the court.

Once again Tsukishima and Kageyama's attacks were out of sync. 'If these morons don't get their shit together we are gonna be screwed.' You thought as Takeda called another timeout.

"What the hell is with you guys! You all need to calm down!" Ukai said. He grabbed Tanakas face, "You guys are doing just fine so just chill out!"

You sighed as you looked over and saw Kageyama approaching Tsukishima. 'Is he gonna talk to him?'

"Hey." He said as both Tsukshima and Yamaguchi turned to look at him. "Was that last set decent enough for you punk." Hinata, Yamaguchi and Tsukishima all looked shocked.

"Why do you sound like Tanaka all of a sudden?" He replied.

"What did you say punk?!" Tanaka yelled.

"I hate your sets because it's like you're forcing people to play your way instead of their own." Tsukishima said bluntly, earning a gasp from Kageyama.

Suga started walking over like he was about to slap the shit out of them both when Kageyama said,

"What are you saying?"

"I like to do things my way, so please be consistent." He continued, "You're not the only one out there thinking you know. Whether it's about defense formation or deciding what attacks to use, everyone on the team is always thinking. Hinata was able to figure out how to do those quick attacks, so even that dummy is out there using his brain...maybe not that much"

"Did you say not much?! I think all the time jerk face!" Hinata said, butting in as Sugawara just dragged him away.

"That's fair." Kageyama reloaded and everyone gasped.

"Wait what did you just say? Are you sick" Tsuksihima said, shocked.

"Lets try it your way, maybe it will work out for us." He said turning back to the courts the whistle blew.

'Finally an actual conversation, and we got something out of it. Let's see how this works.'

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey shawtys! I'm here again with another chapter. I'm so happy I finally got to write a bit of Tsukki into this shit because lemme tell you the way I LOVE that salt shaker. Before i go, how in the actual fuck did you get me from 2k to 3k in under a month? Thank you so much, it's brings me so much joy to write and to know people are actually reading it is awesome. I hope you liked this chapter and you have a good day/night or whatever.

- char