Chapter 20

2nd person POV

The third set didn't start off too well, you had each gained a few points but it was just an ongoing rally at this point. Finally Asahi spiked the ball and Oikawa received it.

'Maybe this will make things more difficult, he's the setter and just touched the ball on the first touch. But knowing Oikawa....' Your train of thought was correct, instead of struggling Aoba Johsai's libero jumped in and set the ball right to Oikawa.

"Wow" you gasped slightly under our breath, "Never seen that one before, at least not in person"

"It's just as i suspected, their libero started out as a setter" Ukai started

"Why do you say that?" Takeda asked

"Well think about it if a libero crosses the attack line for an over handset, that's an illegal move. These guys jumped behind it making it a valid spike. He has expertise in both areas" Ukai replied

"Aoba Johsai really knows what they are doing"

Oikawa served, 'Stupid cheer' and Daichi received it. Kageyama spiked it to Asahi who sent it over. Number 3 received it but it was gonna come back over. Hinata jumped up, getting ready to hit the ball back down onto The other side but before he had the chance Oikawa slipped in and set the ball to number 4. He spiked the ball over and it hit your side of the court.

Ukai called a timeout but you weren't really listening. You were stuck in your mind.

"What the actual fuck." You cussed under your breath

"n/n you good there?" Kiyoko asked you as she bumped your arm.

"Mhmm" you nodded "This is so frustrating. I've never experienced something like this." you grunted

"What do you mean? The fear of loss?" She asked

"Sir!" The boys walked out onto the court again.

"No of course I've lost before and been in the position where i thought i was gonna lose"

"What's the problem then?"

"I've never been in a situation where i wasn't able to change the fact that i was losing. I'm a volleyball player not a coach or a manager. I'm meant to be in the game diving for the ball, not on the side lines giving pointers and handing out water bottles." You made that sound meaner then you wanted to "I didnt mean-"

"I know n/n." Kiyoko replied "I'm sorry you had to give up something that is so important to you." She said looking at the game. "But think of it this way, now you are experiencing volleyball in a new way."

"I guess that's true, I'm not sure this is the way I wanna experience it though Koko. Of course i wanna watch the guys and help them out but it's just so frustrating."

She squeezed your hand.

The game continued on. Tsukishima did a soft spike again, earning karasuno another point and some yelling from Tanaka.

"YEAH TSUKISHIMA! GET DIRTY AND BITE THEM IN THE ASS WHEN THEY AREN'T LOOKIN!"

"Uh woah" he replied

14 - 12, Aoba Johsai. They are in the lead but lucky, Hinata is on the court now.

'Common Hinata, let's go, you got this!'

The ball was received and Kageyama set it right to Hinata. He jumped up 'wait is he going for a' he spiked the ball down with a 'wide broad shot. Hinata's never done one of those, at least from what I've seen. He just does straight and cross court shots. Never something like... like that'

Everyone was silent at first but then started cheering.

"Yeah Hinata!" You yelled out.

"Hey n/n, did you teach Hinata that? I used to see you do them while practicing with the girls" Nishi asked you.

"Nope. I guess he just did it himself. I'm proud of him, it really was cool and extremely unexpected."

"Exactly! Hinata's attacks are usually the same to the fact that he did that was-"

"Surprising" you finished his sentence

"Yeah...." He smiled at you. "He's not the only person who continues to surprise me."

"Yeah same here" You said blushing.

***

The game continued on and at this point it was just a rally. It felt like the ball hadn't touched the floor in ages. 'Just one little push guys! Just one little-'

"Bring it to me!" Hinata yelled, interrupting your thought.

He jumped up for the ball and the Aoba Johsai blockers went for it. Kageyama instead set to Asahi who spiked the ball.

"Yes!" And with that you were all tied up, 15 - 15.

"Great Job boys! Ok so I've noticed that the rally's are longer in this set then the previous ones but don't worry. I know it's a lot of work but you gotta keep pushing. Hinata, Asahi, Kageyama, that was an amazing pike, you even had me fooled." You said as the three nodded thanking you. "We just need to make sure we have an unbreakable defense and powerful office. Don't sike yourselves out. Remember all the hard work you have put into this. Everything that we worked on during practice and our practice matches. You guys got this!"

"Hell yeah guys! We can't let our student coach down can we?! Let's do this!" Noya yelled, jumping.

"Right!" They yelled and started putting away their waters.

The match continued and you looked over and saw Yamaguchi looking a little down. You walked over,

"Hey you ok?"

"Huh? Oh um yeah i'm alright"

"You sure about that, you look out of it."

"Oh no, don't worry about me!" He said holding out his hands in a defensive position.

"Yamaguchi. I'm not stupid. You're feeling down because you're not playing, aren't you?"

"How did you..."

"You're a volleyball player, at a game, with your team and you're not in it. Why else would you be upset?" You asked a rhetorical question "Look you don't need to worry, you're an amazing player and Ukai knows that, you will get your chance eventually. Especially if i have any say in who goes in."

"Thanks y/n, I hope you're right."

"Of course, don't stress." You said patting his back and walked away, leaving him with a small smile on his face.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright imma end it here. I know i said last week i would upload this chapter but i just kept on forgetting. My bad. From now on if I don't upload it's just gonna be a week without a chapter, sorry about that. Anyways i'll see you all next week and i hope you have a good day/night or whatevahhhhh.

- char