Chapter 33

!TW: Slight Mention of Suicide!

2nd person POV

"What?" Kiyoko looked up at you wide eyed

"Are you ok?"

"Yes! Why would you even ask tha-"

"Your parents leave you at home alone for days at a time and I doubt they call or text you. It's not like you talk to a whole lot of people at school either. Let's see.... Daichi, Asahi, Sugawara and me. That's it. And it's not like you are incapable of making friends, people try to talk to you. You can't tell me that as a 17 year old you are able to live alone and have barely any social interaction-oh and keep in mind most of the time when you talk to the four of us the conversations aren't for your interest- they are about school and volleyball for the most part."

Silence.

"I get it's not my place to intrude and judge your social life-and maybe you are happy having a small amount of friends and not much interaction with family, that's totally fine and normal-I just find it a little odd because I can see how much emotion you hold in."

Silence.

"What are you scared of?" You asked, dropping the straightforward tone and gave her a more calm one.

"Nothing." She said, her head tilted down and away from your direction.

"Koko please, I just want to understand you. Holding all of this in isn-"

"Just drop it ok!" She snapped at you and stood up. "I-I'm sorry." Immediately kiyokos eyes went from rage to worry.

"It's fine." You said standing up and placing a hand on her shoulder. "I'm not mad, I have no right to be. I'm pushing for information on something you clearly don't want to share. I'll drop it." You paused "I just want to make sure you know that I'm here for you. That you don't need to be all sweet and respectful and whatever with me. I'm here because I want to see the real Shimizu Kiyoko."

She bit her lip.

"Ok." She breathed

You both sat on the bed. Kiyoko sighed one more time before she started.

"My parents aren't around much. They are usually on a business trip or staying late to work or something like that. My brother used to be around more. Once he got into college two years ago he kinda disappeared, saying he needed to be his own person. My mother and father have always praised him for everything he did. It's not like they regretted my birth, they just didn't want me living. My every move was controlled and monitored while Kori did anything he wanted."

"Kori is your older brother?"

"Mmm" She nodded "Hokori, 'Pride' . The name was pretty fitting actually. He is their pride and joy, and has a lot of it too. He gets so cocky over anything he does. He washed the dishes-2200 yen, got an A on a test-3600 yen. I wash the dishes everyday, what do I get? Nothing. I get A's on every test, what do I get? Nothing. Not even a 'Good job' or 'Proud of you'. Oh and don't go thinking that he usually doesn't do well on tests. He does amazing. Was in class 5. Every. Freaking. Year." She sighed again. "I just wanna be seen. I wanna be heard. I want to be able to decorate my room how I want. I want to be able to wear what I want. I want to be able to do my hair the way I want. I want to be able to strive for my goals instead of someone else's. I just wanna live.... Honestly, why would i? I can't do anything. So i should jus-"

"Don't. Don't finish that sentence." You grabbed her cheek "Please don't think like that." You pleaded with her as tears came to your eyes. "Shimizu Kiyoko, you are one of the most important people on this entire planet. You owe it to yourself to see where you can go in life. You are going to be an adult soon so your parents won't be able to control you. You can do whatever you want."