Chapter 9

2nd person POV

You had just finished your last class of the day and were heading to the girls gym. It was time, you were gonna quit the team now. As you approached the door you felt as though you were gonna cry. How were you going to do this? Just as you were about to turn around the door opened.

Yui opened the door and greeted you. "(y/n)! I knew you were back! Come on!" She grabbed your hand and pulled you inside the gym. "Guys (y/n) is back!" She announced and everyone ran over to you.

After all questions were answered it was finally time for you to tell them what you came here to tell them.

"Guys. I need to tell you all something." You said in a very serious voice. "Please listen." They all looked at you concerned. "So, as you know yesterday i was in the hospital because an accident happened before school. Well it turns out i have Long QT, which is a heart problem that keeps blood from going to your brain for a few seconds causing you to faint and have seizures." A few gasps were heard "Me having this heart disease means that i can't do any sports. That means I can't play volleyball anymore. So i'm sad to say that, this is me quitting the karasuno girls volleyball team. I love you all and I wish I could stay but it's just not good for my health." You bowed and stood straight up again but kept looking down as tears started to fall.

"(y/n)" A few people hugged you. "I'm sorry"

"It's ok (y/n) we understand. We just want you to be safe" Yui said.

"Alright guys. I'm so sorry." You said wiping your tears. "Go to nationals for me... ok?"

"OK!" They all yelled.

"Alright team hands in!" Yui yelled and everyone put their hands in a circle. "For (y/n) on three. 1. 2. 3."

"FOR (Y/N)!!!"

***

"So (y/n) how did it go?" Suga asked you while you were cleaning up.

"Actually really well. They all understood why I had to leave and there were no hard feelings." You answered with a sad smile.

"Really? Thats good for you"

"Thanks Suga-san"

"(N/N)!!!!!! TIME TO GO HOME!!! COME ON!!!" Nishinoya yelled from across the gym.

"I'M COMING!!!!!!!!!!" You yelled back. "Bye Suga-san. BYE EVERYONE!" You said as you grabbed your bag and ran up to Nishi.

"BYE (Y/N), BYE NISHINOYA"

As the 2 of you walked home it was a comfortable silence. When finally, he grabbed your hand. Making you look up at him. You looked confused but still had a small blush on your face.

"What can't I hold your hand? I mean you can go around and kiss my cheek so i think this is ok." He flirted with a smirk on face.

You just looked away as you turned more red, still holding his hand. You held his hand the whole way home. As you walked in the door Ojiisan noticed your hands and of course had to comment on it.

"Oh so we are on hand holding now? When did this happen hmm?" He smirked at you both.

"It's nothing Ojiisan. We were just walking and it was dark and i didnt want her to get lost." Noya answered, losing all his confidence from before and giving the lamest excuse ever known to human kind.

"Nikko knows the way home, don't you?"

"I-I'm gonna go to my room. I have a lot of homework you know!" You stuttered running up to your room.

Ojiisan chucked as you ran up the stairs.

Nishinoya POV

"So I take it you insinuated this?" He said turning back to me.

"I well um... heh... she kissed my cheek the other day so this was just pay back!"

"Mhmm, just pay back he says. I'll remember that. Don't be stupid, got it?"

"Yes sir!"

"Good good." He walked away.

I finally held her hand. She didn't push me away! In fact she held it back! I even made her blush! Haha Nishinoya Yu you are finally getting somewhere with this girl! I can't wait to call Ryu and tell him about this!

***

2nd Person POV

It was a few weeks later and finally the time had come, it was 2 days away from the start of the fall tournament. The boys had been preparing for months and we finally felt prepared. As you and Kiyoko were cleaning up she came up to you to talk, she seemed really excited about something.

Kiyoko POV

"Hey (y/n)" I walked about to my friend.

"Whats up Koko?" She called me by the nickname she gave me.

"I need your help with something" I leaned in closer and whispered so only she could hear. "It's a surprise for the boys."

"Oh what is it?" she whispered back.

"Follow me." We said goodbye to everyone and (y/n) told Nishinoya that she would be home late. We walked to the art room of the school where Takeda-sensei was waiting.

"Hey sensei. Koko is Takeda helping us?" (y/n) asked me.

"Yep. Takeda I got (y/n) lets show here what our surprise is."

Takeda unlocked a cupboard in the room and pulled out a big black sheet. I went over and helped him unravel it.

"As I was cleaning yesterday i fund this. It's the karasuno volleyball team banner." Takeda explained to (y/n). "As you can see it's pretty dirty and needs a new paint job, just a few touch-ups. I was hoping you could help Ms. Shimizu and I fix it. As a good luck gift for the team."

"Of course i wanna help!" She yelled. "I'm pretty good at painting so I could help with the tou-" She started walking over and explaining things to us. She knew also about how we could make the banner look cool again.

After we collected all the supplies we needed the 2 of us started work while Takeda supervised. We worked for at least 3 hours and by the time we had finished it was already dark and Takeda had left.

"We have to let us sit here and dry overnight but it should be ready by tomorrow. I can just come back before morning practice to make sure everything is good." I explained.

"Ok! I should probably head home or Ojiisan might start to get worried." She chuckled standing up. We cleaned up our mess and started to head home. I didn't want (y/n) to walk home alone so I walked her.

"Ok this is me. I'll see u tomorrow ok Koko."

"Yup tomorrow."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello wonderful people. Here is chapter 9. Again I am so sorry that I haven't posted for 3 weeks. I hope this satisfies you. If you really want i can post chapters next week but it will be a little harder. I hope you have a wonderful day/night or whatever.

- char