Chapter 6

2nd person POV

Finally practice had ended and it was time to go home, you and Nishinoya walked alone together every night so you could actually talk to him now. You had gotten far enough away from the school so no one could hear you so you started to talk.

"Noya-san." You started quietly and he just nodded in response. "Are you mad at me again? I mean did I do something wrong?"

"No, Y/n-chan it's ok, I just, I'm not feeling like myself I guess." He replied, sighing.

"Are you sure? I'd be happy to help, or even listen." You insisted.

"Like i said, don't worry i'm good."

"Alright but, I wasn't lying about all that stuff I said. I care about you so I don't want anything bad to happen to you. Seeing you sucks, I just want you to be able to smile and mean it.

"I know, feel the same way."

***

You had just finished doing your homework and you thought you should go outside and practice so you went to Nishi's room to ask him if he wanted to join you. You don't normally knock when you enter Noya's room because he is usually just watching anime or doing homework so you do what you always do. Opening the door you cheerfully said

"Nishin-" You froze. Your jaw dropped, face a bright red and all you could do was stare at the half naked Nishinoya Yu.

It's not like you haven't seen him shirtless before. I mean there was plenty of time he had taken off his shirt while walking into the change room so he could speed up the process. But those times were different, those times he wasn't wearing sweatpants. Those times his hair wasn't down over his face like it does when he just wakes up or after he gets it wet. Those times he was smiling goofily, he looked cute and you were more focusing on his expression rather than anything else. He wasn't wearing any emotions right now and you found it hard to maintain eyes contact. After another few seconds of standing there you turned your head down, looking away.

"What up?"

"I-uh just wanted t-to know if you wanted to play some volleyball with me." You kept your eyes focused on the floor so he could get dressed.

"Is that even a question? Wait there ill finish getting ready."

"Yeah okay see you outside." You said really fast then slammed the door and ran down the stairs. 'What the hell! Stop just opening doors you weirdo, knocking is a thing!'

Nishinoya joined you outside a few moments later, a little confused but unbothered. He just wanted to play. It seemed like whatever was bothering him before was out of his mind now which was good. After 2 more hours of tossing the ball back and forth it was around 8 at night. It was finally time for dinner. Well you were supposed to eat at 5:30 after practice but you were too busy playing volleyball so Ojiisan let you stay out longer. Anyways, dinner. You were sitting in your usual spot, beside Noya and across from Ojisan. There were 4 seats at the table but one was empty.

"So how is school?" Ojiisan asked

"Really well, I have a current average of 81." You replied, very proud.

He then turned his attention to the boy beside you. "Good good. What about you, Yū?"

"Well I haven't been doing so well. But you know how it is Ojiisan, I usually pass."

"Yes by 1 or 2 points. You need to work on your grades, school is important. Maybe we should get you a tutor?" He suggested.

"Ojiisan, you know I hate having to do work. It's just not my thing. I'm passing so there's no need to stress about that stuff." Nishinoya tried to laugh it off.

"'That stuff' can determine your entire life."

"Not for me, I'll never do anything that will make me pay attention in all those boring subjects." He was staring to get irritated.

"Don't start. I'm trying to help and you know that."

"If you were trying to help you'd actually listen to what I'm saying and not just what you want."

"I- um. If i may interrupt. I'm sorry, but, maybe I could help? I'd be happy to tutor Noya-san. I'm doing well and school and when we study together he does great, in my opinion. It would also save money because you wont need to pay me. I also understand how much volleyball means to Noya so I can make sure he's able to balance both." You entered the conversion as politely as possible.

"Nikkō that is really very sweet of you but are you sure? You don't have to."

"No, It'd be my pleasure."

"I don't see any problems with it, Yu?"

"Of course I want my Y/n-chan to tutor me! That would be amazing!" Noya smiled and it looked like he was no longer upset.

"It's settled then. Nikkō will be your tutor."

***

Nishinoya's POV

Ojiisan and I were finishing the cleaning as Y/n-chan went to take out the garbage. During dinner I got a little annoyed because he was acting as if grades really matter that much. It just depends on the person and what they wanna do with their lives. I don't know what I want to become but its sure not a mathematician so why do I need to know how to find pi? I thought pie was food not math! Anyways Ojiisan said I needed a tutor and Y/n-chan, being the sweet person she is, volunteered for the job. Now I'm going  to be able to spend more time with her! Oh if you didn't catch on I have a crush on her and so far the only person that knows or at least that I've told is Ryu. I'm pretty sure Daichi, Suga and Ojiisan figured me out but they haven't said anything yet so that's ok. I was almost done washing the dishes when Ojiisan started to talk to me.

"So, Nikkō is yours, huh?" he said with a smirk on his face.

"What do you mean?" I replied.

"Well during dinner you said you wanted YOUR Y/n-chan to tutor you."

"I mean obviously I don't own her, that is not what I meant, I'm happy it's her tutoring me."

"Hmm... well just so you know I approve of you two so its ok if you like her. She's a good girl." He said and left the kitchen just before Y/n-chan walked in.

"Hey Noya, do you want any help?" She stood beside me, that cute smile on her face.

"No, it's ok, I'm done anyway."

"Okay, then I'll head up to bed." She ruffled my hair a bit, "Night."

"Good night." See you in the morning.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Happy thanksgiving everyone! I know this was uploaded pretty late and I'm sorry about that. I wasn't home most of the night and i just remembered to update now so here you go! I Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Also I know yesterday (October 10th) was Noyas birthday but I decided not to post about his birthday because it does not follow the story. Right now the story is in like May or something so i will be posting about his birthday in the story but when it follows the story line. I will also be adding in holidays that i celebrate as well as japanese ones but i'm sorry if i miss a few because i'm still learning about all of this stuff as i write this. I hope you all have a great day or night or whatever. Bye.

- char