Chapter 36

2nd person POV

Takeda had just explained that you were going to have a practice game tomorrow at the end of the club meeting. Now you were sitting on the ground as Yachi stood beside you and everyone else got ready to go home.

"Hey Yachi, n/n, are you guys done changing?" Kiyoko asked as she slipped on her shoes and excitedly went to the gym.

"Oh!" Yachi jumped.

"Yes ma'am" You replied not looking up from your phone.

"If you wait a sec I can walk you home." She said, more implying it towards Yachi. "I need to change too"

"Oh no!" She screeched and put her hands up in front of your chest. "Actually I would be glad to walk you home if that would be more convenient for you....."

"Don't be silly." She replied and walked over to the club room, you just chuckled in response.

"She's walking you home, whether you like it or not. Take it from me, she has insisted every time Nishi would stay at Tanakas." You said.

Yachis head shot up as she looked back towards the window. You followed her gaze and saw she was watching Takeda and Uki. From what you could hear they were talking about something to do with the budget and how we were going to keep struggling with making money.

'She's thinking of something.... Don't know what but it's something.' You thought but before you could ask her you were interrupted by a...

"YACHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!" Hinata was running towards her and skidded to a stop right in front of her. "Are you gonna be our new team manager?!"

"Uh-"

"Are ya?!" He insisted

"Uh-heh" She scratched the back of her neck

"Hey first year chick, listen up!" Nishinoya and Tanaka walked up and said in unison.

"Here's the thing, you have no choice but to join the volleyball club." Nishi started

"Cause now that your around Kiyoko is talking to us way more." Tanaka added

"And N/n seems much more confident-"

"THAT'S NOT HOW YOU RECRUIT HER IDIOTS!" Daichi slammed his fist atop both of their heads.

"I'm so sorry, they cant help how stupid they are." Suga said, smiling like he was embarrassed but also ready to kill.

"O-Oh no they're fine." Yachi replied, shaking her head, "Actually, I'm really happy." She put her hand on the back of her head "See this is the first time someone has wanted me specifically. Up until now I've kinda just fallen into whatever group I was a part of. Even in school plays I'm usually just a face in the crowd. Like villager B or a tree or something. But now even though i'm just some girl and i don't know the first thing about volleyball and managing a team, somehow i was lucky enough for Kiyoko to ask me to join the team anyway. But still i doubt i could be of any help to you-"

"I know just how you feel." Tanaka said. "If Kiyoko said 'Why don't you come over here so I can take all of your money' you bet my sweet ass I'd go with her."

"Yeah that's what I'm talking about." Nishinoya said

"Wow, what a cool thing to say." Hinata added

"That's...not really what I meant." Yachi mumbled

"I bet I know what that conversation is about." Asahi said and he and Daichi walked away.

"Oh! That's right, I forgot!" Hinaa said as he pulled out his phone and showed it to Nishi and Tanaka.

"Sweet, we'll see you in Tokyo Nekoma!" Nishi said

"Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah! You punks are going down!" Tanaka yelled and they both started laughing.

"Probably a text from Kenma." Yo said as you showed Yachi your phone. "Him and Hinata talk a lot."

"We made it past the first round in the preliminaries." She read the message. "Why do you text him?"

"Oh this is from Kuroo. They're on the same team, he is actually the captain. I knew him when we were younger and when I came here we reconnected." You said and pointed out the contact name.

"Roaster head?" She asked, tilting her head to the side, reading the name out loud.

"Hmmm. You'll get it when you see him."

"Does he look like a rooster or something?!" She yelled

"Kind of yeah!" You laughed.

***

Everyone eventually left and you were at home sitting on the couch watching TV.

'I'm so boooooooored. I have nothing to do!' You thought as laid down and draped ypur arms over your eyes. Suddenly you felt the couch dip by your feet. You looked up and saw Ojiisan sitting and staring at the TV.

"I wasn't watching. You can change it."

"No no don't worry, besides I wanna see what kinda things you're into." He said.

Silence followed

"So how was school?"

"Good. Jiyu and I got to know each other better. She's actually kinda-"

"Jiyu? Thought you hated her." He asked

"She's actually pretty cool and offered to help me with studying so I'm talking to her now."

"Ah ok, continue."

"Well Jiyu and I hung out for most of the day and she ate lunch with me and Kiyoko, Yachi joined us too."

"And Yachi is the new manager for the volleyball team?"

"Yep."

"And why was she eating with you?"

"Because we're friends now."

"What about Jiyu, didn't you say she had loads of friends"

"Actually I kinda just assumed. Yeah she talked to loads of people but none of them were actually her friends, mostly one time interactions."

"So would you say you're one of her only friends."

"Oh." Your eyes went wide at the realization. "Yeah, I guess so."

"Hmm. Continue."

"Um yeah so we...." You spent the next while talking to Ojiisan and eventually Nishi joined you, adding his own little comments.

It was nice, having some quality time with the two of them. It hadn't really happened much. When you first came to Japan you wanted to spend as much time with them as possible but now there was so much going on that it was kinda impossible.

But you missed it and being able to have this small moment really made you feel better.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And bah bam chapter 36. I'm so tired. It's not even funny. Like bro I need to go to sleep. I swear I haven't slept a full 4 hours since quarantine started and now it's all coming back. I'm going crazy because of my sleep deprivation. Anyways, away from my shit, I hope you had an amazing day/night or whatever. Bye!

- char