🐘 Chapter Two 🐘

LULU'S POV

The gift of having been around the world is that there was very little that could faze me. I had done it and experienced it all. I had seen men from all over the world, different colors, ethnicities, sizes and shapes. I didn't really care for the male gender, I wasn't into girls or anything I just hadn't ever found a man worth my attention. Some had been worth looking at twice but the specimen of a man I was fawning over was worth having a sculpture made in his honor.

He was distracted by the elephant calf he was attending to so I took my time to admire him. He was wearing blue coveralls that did nothing to hide his physique and black boots. He was definitely taller than my 5'6 frame towering at about 6'1. One of his most striking features were the dreadlocks he was rocking. They were long reaching mid back, twisted and tied to keep them out of his face. I could only see half his face and from where I was standing but he had nicely trimmed side burns, a small beard and barely existent moustache.

I realized I was getting side tracked by his gorgeous self from getting the little cub help so I snapped out of it. I had seen handsome men before so I had no idea why he was affecting me so much. I didn't even know his name to begin with and I was almost picturing how our babies would look like. I needed to get a grip of myself and focus on what brought me to him.

I was about to get his attention when the calf splashed water on him from its trunk making him jump away.

"That's the third time today. I told you water is for drinking not playing with."He scolded but you could tell from the tone of his voice he was not really mad.

He unzipped the coveralls intending to take them off and I almost turned away. Key word, almost. To my disappointment he only shrugged them off halfway and knotted them at his waist giving me a good view of his back and arms that were rippling with muscles. Yes I was still staring, sue me. He had a tattoo of a lion on his right bicep and as far as I could tell it was the only one that he had on him.

Having already wasted enough time I decided to announce my presence. I cleared my throat to get his attention and he jerked around so fast, it was a surprise he didn't snap his neck. Poor lad thought he was alone.

"Need help drying up, I'm pretty handy with a towel."I blurted out shamelessly.

Nice going Lulu, you barely know the man and you're already flirting. Oh please, bite me.

He stared at me wide eyed probably wondering where I had come from. They probably didn't get too many visitors. I saw his eyes rake over my body and I knew I wasn't much to look at since my boobs were barely there and my ass and thighs were imaginary. I wasn't ashamed of my body, since I was very athletic so having big boobs and an ass would have gotten in the way, according to me. I wasn't body shaming, I promise. I loved thick girls beginning with my baby sister Amani who had a killer body by being thick in all the right places.

I realized we were still staring at each other and he still hadn't said anything back to my stupid comment. Poor man probably thought the city girl was going to take advantage of him. He was safe with me, for moment at least. I'd keep my claws away from his delectable body until I got his help then I'd think about what to do with him.

"Is there a vet here or someone who can look at an injured animal? I need help."I asked getting to the point about what had brought me to him in the first place.

He snapped out of it and his deep brown eyes finally met my dark ones.

"I'm the vet here. What can I do for you?" He asked addressing me directly for the first time and I bit my lip when his voice washed over me.

Soothing, calm and deep. His voice still had a hit of his local accent but instead of putting me off, I found myself liking it. I was entranced but would save the drooling for later.