🐩 Chapter Thirty Two 🐩

LULU'S POV

After pitching my harvest festival idea to Ruth during our scheduled girls night she had talked me out of it. She'd made me see reason that the population would be too large to host a party for and it would not be enough since it was the first harvest. Instead we had reassigned the crop we would harvest to be used for her wedding reception. It was actually a better idea because a lot of people would still be invited and I got to give my two closest friends some help with their budget.

The wedding day was finally upon us and we were currently in my room as I helped Ruth get ready for the ceremony. It was a garden wedding at the resort since the church was going through renovations and was not ready yet. Ruth's gown actually matched the wedding theme so it was perfect for her. I together with three other of her colleagues we're her bridesmaids. I had no idea who her maid of honor was but she seemed like a nice lady. Our dresses were short with an ankara bodice that hugged our midriffs and flared from the waist to our knees in a white tutu design. We all wore red heels and they had matching hairstyles except for me since I had short hair.

"One more thing then we're ready to go." I announced after I was done fixing Ruth's veil.

I handed her the bouquet of red roses and stepped back to admire her.

"I'd cry but you're a cry baby and we'll both start crying which is not good for the photos. You look perfect Ruth, I'd marry you myself if I could."I complimented loving how the dress fit her perfectly without adjustments.

"Thank you so much Lulu. This day would not have been possible without you. You truly are a blessing to us all and I'm happy that we became friends."She replied and we shared a hug shaking off the feeling of breaking out in tears.

"Name one of your kids after me and we're even."I teased and we both chuckled.

"It's a deal."She replied.

"We've kept Mark waiting long enough so it's time to go. Are you ready to be Mrs. Mark Solei?"

"Yes I am."She replied without a hint of doubt in her voice.

"Okay, your parents will be be here to fetch you when it's time. Stay calm and I'll see you at the end of the aisle."I instructed and she nodded.

Fated one last hug I left her all alone in my room and walked outside where the rest of the bridesmaids were waiting. They had been making too much noise so Ruth had kicked them out. I was doing the work of her maid of honor but I didn't mind. She wasn't close with the real maid of honor anyway, she just chose her because church doctrines dictate that the maid and man of honor be a married couple. If it were a free choice then I'm sure James and I would have taken those roles.

"Okay ladies, time to go. Big smiles and don't forget your bouquets."I instructed before leading them away to the small make shift ceremonial ground that had been set up at the corner of the field in the resort.

The whole wedding was happening at the resort, first we would have the ceremony, then the photo session and finally the reception. It helped cut costs putting the whole event in one place. It was still beautiful anyway and I was happy to be part of a happy occasion. We arrived at the venue and I stood still to admire the beautiful work done. There were white seats on either side of a long aisle which led to an arch decorated with white flowers that would act as the altar. Everyone was already seated and it was so overwhelming seeing the beautiful Samburu culture represented in their attire.

Everyone started getting in line for their walk down the aisle and I followed them. The groomsmen all looked dashing in black tuxedos, white shirts and black ties each with a white rose in their breast pocket. Mark was dressed the same except his rose was red and he had a white blazer on.