🐎 Chapter Thirty Eight 🐎

LULU'S POV

After staying couped up in the house for three days Marini loaded us all into her customized luxury black van and drove us to the mall. I had not been in the mood to go anywhere but James and I were leaving the next day. I wanted to spend as much time as I could with my sisters before we went back to Ndoto. Immediately we got to the mall my sisters and I found our way to the spa while the guys wandered off to God knows where.

I needed to get a fresh trim since my hair was already longer than I liked it to be. I also liked when it was properly washed by a professional, nothing better than feeling nails scratching against my scalp. It was therapeutic to me. Marini was getting a new weave and Amani was getting purple makeba box braids. It was time to spoil ourselves, we deserved it for it had been a long year and we had made it through.

"We were so lucky this year, maybe next year it will be Amani's turn."I chided knowing it would get under her skin.

"You're right Lue. It does feel good having someone to call yours and a warm embrace to go home to at the end of the day."Marini added.

"You guys need to get off my case. I'm only twenty years old. A man is the last thing I need."She lamented proving me right.

"Calm down Amani we're only joking."Marini soothed.

"I know but it's not that funny."Amani retorted.

"No more talking then. Let's just all be lost in our heads and enjoy a relaxing day together."I suggested and everyone agreed with that idea.

My mind drifted back to James and how he had been so at home with the rest of my family. He had fit right in even after the initial freak out moment and that made me very happy. My sisters liked James, so did Isaac and Jeremy. The family introductions were done with on both sides and they both approved of our relationship. We could get married in a week if we wanted to. I was just really happy that both our families accepted our relationship, it was a huge deal to me that my family liked James and since they did it was a huge burden lifted off my shoulders.

After we were done with getting our hair done we settled down for facials and the silence that I had been enjoying was interrupted by Amani.

"I'm going to miss you when you leave tomorrow."She admitted with a sad tone to her voice.

"I'll miss you guys too but I'll only be gone for a few more months."I consoled wanting to look at her but there were cucumbers over my eyes.

"But do you think you're actually going to come back? You and James are serious now so you might become a permanent resident of Ndoto soon."Marini pointed out adding to the thoughts I had been having about me and James getting married.

We hadn't been dating for that long. Wasn't it too soon to be thinking about marriage?

"But we're only girlfriend and boyfriend. It's not like he has proposed."I said wondering why that made me sad.

Was I really ready to become someone's wife? Were James and I ready for marriage?

"I know but still, do you want to tell me that you will actually leave him there just because he hasn't proposed?"Marini asked and I shrugged even if she couldn't see me.

"I didn't say that. I haven't really thought much about it. I'll just go with the flow and wait for things to pan out."I concluded feeling content with my answer.

"Her famous last words."Amani chided while laughing and Marini soon joined her.

"Piss off you two."I grunted even if I knew that they were both joking.