🐈 Chapter Thirty One 🐈

LULU'S POV

With all the drama going on because of my accident I had almost forgotten that James had asked me out on a date. He had assured me that if I didn't want to go it was okay but I needed a change of pace after everything that had happened. That's why I was back in my cabin getting ready for our date. This one was a different one though since James had asked me to dress fancy and I was not one to disappoint.

I was looking at the only two date night worthy dresses I had and I didn't know what to choose. One was a maxi beige spaghetti strap with a thigh high slit. The other one was still a spaghetti strap design but it was white, reached mid thigh and had such a high slit, one wrong move and I'd be showing out the goodies. After much contemplating I decided to go with the white one, it was a little risky but it showed just the right amount of cleavage to drive James crazy. I decided to do my hair first and put on some minimal make up before putting on the dress.

My phone rang just as I was tying the straps of my four inch heels, I couldn't go any higher unless I wanted to make a fool out of myself. I checked my phone and saw it was an incoming video call from Marini. She was still on her honeymoon and I had been avoiding her calls. If I dodged anymore she would send someone to check up on me and I didn't want that. Bracing myself I took a deep breath and picked up.

"Finally you picked up. Why have you been avoiding me? Wow you look nice. Too nice, where are you going?"She rambled out and I chuckled.

"Which one do you want me to answer first?"

"All of them."She demanded.

I groaned bracing myself for her reaction when I told her what happened to me. I decided to start with the most upsetting news.

"I haven't been answering your calls because I knew you would go crazy once you found out that my car got shot at and I'm dressed nice because James is taking me out on a date."I rushed out and her eyes widened in surprise.

"Okay back up. What do you mean you got shot at?"She all but yelled.

I took a deep breath and gave her a run down of what had happened the past twenty four hours. I made sure to add the part where I wasn't in danger anymore and emphasize on it to keep her off my back.

"This is just too much. Isaac!! Start packing we're leaving, Lulu needs me!" She yelled out and I started freaking out.

"No Marini stop. This is why I didn't want to tell you. You're freaking out for no reason."I rushed out.

"No reason?! Are you out of your mind? You got shot at multiple times and you're telling me that I'm freaking out for no reason."She scolded and I recoiled from the tone of voice she used at me.

"Mar calm down. I'm sorry. Like I said I'm safe and those responsible were arrested. Enjoy your honeymoon and I'll see you when you get back or not. Just stop being a mom for a minute and enjoy being a married woman please."I pleaded using a softer tone and she relaxed.

"Promise me you're okay?"She asked getting vulnerable.

"I promise I'm safe. Now tell me. How are the Maldives?"I asked with a smile hoping to change the topic and it worked.

"Oh it's a dream..."She moaned and continued to talk my ear off about how beautiful the beach was.

I wasn't a sand person myself, I actually preferred the cold but seeing as I'd fallen in love with the king of the desert that would have to change.

"Sis I need your advice."I asked Marini cutting her off from her rant about how clear the water was.

"What's up?"