🐣 Epilogue 🐣

LULU'S POV

"Are you sure we have enough food?"I asked Ruth walking into the kitchen to double check everything for the tenth time.

"Yes so stop fretting. It's not the first time you're hosting people here so why are you so worried?"Ruth replied filling a pitcher with fresh apple juice.

"Honestly I don't know. Where is James?"I asked looking around for my husband.

"I have no idea, haven't seen him in a while."Ruth answered.

"Okay you finish that while I go look for him. You're okay doing it all alone right?"I asked her once more.

"Yeah of course, I'm okay. Go already."Ruth insisted shoving me out of the kitchen.

She truly was my best friend in the whole world and I had no idea what I would do without her.

It was Christmas once again and my turn to host the family for our annual Christmas party. Marini and Amani were bringing their families. Jeremy, his wife and two kids would also be present. All of James siblings were invited and of course Mark and Ruth, a party wouldn't be the same without our two best friends.

The house was decorated in green and red the Christmas colors with lots of gifts under the fake tree, mostly for the kids. I loved having everyone over but the family was growing meaning more kids and it became more hectic each year. I didn't mind though because we had enough love to go around and space for everyone.

I walked past the living room where Mark was struggling to pull his three year old daughter Mercy away from the gifts. I tiptoed away before he could rope me into helping him. Mark and Ruth had five kids. Joseph the first born was nine, followed by twin girls Mary and Martha who were seven. They had another boy Ezekiel and the last born was Mary. Ruth had wanted a big family and she had made sure Mark gave it to her. She was a terrific mom and an amazing wife.

Now onto finding my own family. I knew that James wasn't in the backyard so I looked for him inside the house. He wasn't in our bedroom when I looked but then I heard his voice coming from our daughters room so I made my way there.

I peeked through the slightly open door to find him lying on his back on our daughters bed as they looked up at the sky through the sky light they had begged us to install for them. James was sandwiched between our two daughters, April the first born who was seven years old and Della our second born who was five. James was the greatest girl dad and had been in love with our girls even before they were born. I couldn't have asked for anyone better to raise a family with.

"Dad you said angels are real people right?"April asked her dad.

"Yes."James confirmed.

"So grandma and grandpa are angels right now looking down on us?"April asked further.

"Yeah they are."James confirmed his voice breaking up a little.

James mom, Naeku had died when Della was three so the two of them had memories of their grandma. Naeku had died a happy woman after meeting all of James three kids. April was even named after her.

Koinet had followed a few months after her. It's like their lives had been tied together and it was impossible for one to continue existing without the other. James being the mama's boy that he was had taken his mother's death hard but I had been there for him through it all. When his dad died, he'd been sad but he had already seen it coming after watching his dad struggle to live without his wife. They bad been laid to rest side by side with beautiful headstones. They would forever live in our hearts.

"Mommy."A soft sleepy voice mumbled at my feet and I looked down to see my four year old son Noah staring up at me with huge sleepy eyes.

I bent down to pick him up ruffling up his short dread locks and kissing his cheek soundly.