🐝 Chapter Fourteen 🐝

LULU'S POV

After my meeting with Ezra I had planned to go back to my cabin to freshen up and get a bite to eat but as soon as I lay on the bed after the shower for a five minute nap I'd passed out immediately. I must have been more tired than I thought. I had woken up hours later at four in the morning totally disoriented and well rested. It took me a while to gather my thoughts but once I did I got to work immediately unable to sleep again. My phone was filled with calls and texts that I'd missed while I was sleeping but I'd returned them once the rest of the world woke up.

I filled in my report with Marini and sent it to her via email. I texted her asking her to video call me as soon as she woke up. I also texted Rashid and asked him to meet me at the resort for a breakfast meeting. By the time I was done it was about six am so I got dressed in my work out gear and headed out to the gym. One hour later I was done exercising so I went back to my cabin for a shower and to get dressed. Since I'd be spending most of the day working at building greenhouses I chose a simple pair of black dungarees and sneakers which I'd swap for boots later. I was putting in my anklet when my laptop pinged with an incoming video call from Marini. I took a seat in the kitchen table to be more comfortable picked up.

"Good morning big sister."I greeted cheerfully happy to see her.

From what I could see she was in the backseat of her car, probably headed to work dressed impeccably in a yellow suit. Only Marini pull off such a bold color.

"Someone's in a good mood. I tried to call you last night but you didn't pick up."

"I passed out after my meeting with Doctor Ezra, was more tired than I thought but I'm good now. I've been up since four am."I informed her.

"Wow that's early but understandable. So any new updates that I need to know about? I've yet to read the email you sent me about the hospital."She asked.

I nodded and proceeded to give her in less detail all that I had learned and everything that I was planning.

"It truly is a sad story that the government doesn't care enough about its people to give them proper health care. Don't worry about the money though, I trust you that's why I gave you an unlimited budget. It doesn't mean you go around buying a private island but I know you'll do great."She encouraged.

"Thanks for having my back siz. "

"Anytime. Is there anything else? Anyone giving you trouble? Are you safe?"She asked getting into big sister mode.

I was tempted to tell her about Nalutuesha but that meant telling her about James too and I was not ready to talk about him yet. There was nothing to tell anyway since we were just friends or trying to be.

"I'm okay I promise. I'm making friends and I'm comfortable so there's nothing to worry about."I assured her.

"Okay that's good. I have to go now but call me in case of anything. I love you."

"I will and I love you too." She blew me a kiss before hanging up.

Marini could get a little over protective but only because she cared for and loved us. She sometimes forgot to take care of herself but Amani and I had her back. That's why we made her get a bodyguard. She had us chipped when we moved out so she could keep tabs on us and it was okay. She didn't get chipped herself and we didn't see it as a big deal until she got attacked a few months back. I think there was something more going on between her and her new bodyguard but Marini would never admit it. She'd only been in a relationship once before and it ended badly. Isaac was a good guy and would be a great match for my sister if he managed to get past her defences. I wanted my sister to be happy and she claimed that she was even though she was still single and almost in her thirties. I'd leave it all to God though, only he knew best.