🦔 Chapter Seventeen 🦔

LULU'S POV

As promised James was taking me out to Samburu National Park. I was very excited and looking forward to the whole experience. I had been to the National park before but I was in highschool then and could barely remember much of the whole trip. It was now my chance to create new memories with James by my side.

I was halfway out the door when my phone rang. It was Rashid and I was going to ignore it but then I changed my mind seeing as I told him not to call me unless it was an emergency.

"What's the emergency?"I asked as soon as I picked up.

"Boss there's been an accident at the site, get to the dispensary now."He rushed out in a freaked out voice.

"Rashid what happened?"I asked hurriedly closing the door behind me and rushing to my car.

There were always accidents on site but nothing critical enough to make Rashid sound so stressed. If he said it was an emergency then it must have been really bad.

"Just get here."He demanded and hang up.

Looks like my day out with James would have to wait, I thought to myself as I peeled out of the resort and rushed to the dispensary. I was supposed to meet James at his place since we had decided to use my car but that was all in the background now. I decided to call him so as not to leave him hanging. He picked up almost immediately as if he had been waiting for my call all along.

"Morning Lulu."He greeted cheerfully.

"Morning James."

"Are you on your way?"He asked sounding excited.

"I'm sorry but I'll have to cancel our trip for today."I said sadly thinking of all the plans that we had made go down the drain.

It was wildebeest migration season and I had been really excited for that part of my private tour.

"Why? What's wrong? Are you okay?"He rambled out and I smiled seeing how concerned he was.

"Yeah I'm okay. One of my workers got hurt on site and I have go tend to him. I may have to rush him to the nearest hospital if the dispensary can't treat him."I explained.

"I'm sorry about that. Do you want me to come with you?"He asked.

"It's so sweet of you to ask but I'll be okay. I'll call you later."

"Okay bye, take care and drive safe."

We both hang up at the same time just as I pulled up at the dispensary. I parked as close as I could and rushed inside not sure if I locked by car or not but not really caring. I found Rashid seated outside Doctor Ezras office looking worried, with some dried blood in his clothes. He stop up as soon as he saw me.

"What happened? Who is it?"I asked trying to get a peep from the partially opened door.

"It's Liam. He was on site, installing the solar panels when one that hadn't been screwed in right fell on him and cut his arm. It's bad Lulu, they might have to amputate."He explained pinching his nose as he tried to calm himself down.

Liam was my electrical engineer and him getting into an accident was bad. If he lost his arm it would be worse. I was responsible for all my workers and I couldn't be there for them every minute but it still hurt when something bad happened to any one of them.

Before I could beat myself up any further the door opened and Doctor Ezra walked out. He didn't look happy which meant bad news.

"How bad is it?"I asked getting straight to the point.