🐞 Chapter Forty Eight 🐞

LULU'S POV

"Lulu stop moving so much, I need to finish doing your eyes."Marini scolded as she held an eyelash curler over my eyes.

"You know I don't care much for make up so why are we doing all this anyway."I grunted unimpressed by all the sitting I was doing.

"Because today is a big day and you have to look good for the people. The Master of Ceremony can't go out there looking shabby."Marini pointed out.

"I'm never shabby but I will sit still because I want this to end quick. I've been on this chair too long, I think my ass is going numb."I lamented.

"Good, I'm almost done anyway so be patient."She demanded resuming her task.

I relaxed and just let her work as my mind started mentally checking off all the things that needed to be done for the day. Food check, location check, guests check, gifts check, ribbons check and scissors check. Our guest of honor was the President of Kenya. He'd heard about the project from the big leagues my sister had gotten donations from and he had actually managed to weasel himself into the mix. I should not have been trash talking my president but the man was corrupt and if he been even remotely good at his job, Marini and I wouldn't be doing it for him. But we had done it and successfully at that so it was all good. But if he even tried to take credit for it, I would personally call him out on it, president or no president.

"Done and done. You can get up now before your ass becomes permanently glued to that seat."Marini joked and I resisted the urge to roll my eyes at her.

Before I got up, I put on my heels making sure they were strapped on right. Facing the full length mirror, I gave myself a once over appreciating how good I looked, Marini had outdone herself and I had to admit that I looked perfect. My make up was flawless and covering all the healing scars on my face.

James and I had agreed not to talk or think about the accident, that bitch Nalu and anything negative just for the day and I had agreed so before the negative thoughts filled my mind I pushed them away.

My hair was freshly cut short and perfectly styled, my new jewelry courtesy of my fiance accentuated my neck, ears, wrists and waist perfectly. My outfit for the day was palazzo African print pants and a matching slightly cropped top.

"We look good don't we."Marini commented standing on my right as we looked at ourselves in the mirror.

"Yes we do."Amani agreed standing on my left.

My sisters were both dressed in Maxi Ankara full length dresses with hair and make up done perfectly courtesy of Marini.

Our admiring session was interrupted by the roaring of helicopter blades.

"Shit, the president. He is actually on time for once."Marini exclaimed jumping away from us.

"Calm down Marini, we're ready."I soothed her.

"Yes you're right, let's go get James and Isaac and get this show on the road."Marini declared reaching for her purse.

We all gathered what we would need for the day before leaving my cabin and walking towards the resorts restaurant where Isaac and Jeremy were having a chat at the bar. They noticed us before we got to them so they got up and joined us so we could go meet the president together.

"I've never met the president in person before."Jeremy commented as we all walked towards where the recently landed helicopter was.

"Neither have we, only Marini has but we'll be okay. He's just a man, the most powerful man in Kenya, commander in chief of the armed forces so you know, don't make any mistakes or he'll send the military after you."I teased Jeremy freaking him out more.