🦅 Chapter Forty Nine 🦅

JAMES' POV

"I can't believe we're getting married tomorrow."I sighed in satisfaction looking up at the blue sky.

Lulu and I were at the Sanctuary, it was late afternoon and the sun was warm allowing us to be outside without burning to a crisp. We were lying on a patch of grass close to the lion enclosure hiding from everyone. Lulu and I weren't supposed to be together but she had convinced me to escape with her for a few hours. Or maybe I had convinced her, I had no idea who had convinced the other but bottom line is that we were together even though we weren't supposed to be.

"We would have been married months ago but someone made me wait."Lulu reminded me.

It had taken longer for my ankle to heal so we were having the wedding in September, six months after the unveiling party. It had taken a lot of patience from both Lulu and I to wait that long but we had made it.

"I wanted to wait until my boot was off. I want the day to be perfect."I defended.

"Well it all paid out in the end, tomorrow we get hitched and you're bound to me for life. Last chance to run."Lulu teased.

"No way in hell, I can't wait to officially call you mine. You'll be Mrs Lankenua."I grinned happily.

"Yes I will be."Lulu affirmed with a megawatt smile on her lips.

She adjusted herself so that instead of lying her head on her folded hands she was lying on my chest, her long hair falling over her eyes.

"This is the longest I've seen you grow out your hair, I like it but I thought you didn't liked it long."I asked her.

"I don't but Ruth and Amani insisted I grow it out to help with my veil."She explained.

"You don't have to listen to them, it's our wedding day. We do what we want so if you don't like your hair long then cut it, you'll be beautiful either way, the goal is for you to love how you look."I encouraged her.

"Thanks babe, I hear you. I was going to cut it but yesterday we experimented with a couple of hair styles for tomorrow and I loved them so I'm going to keep it long, just for tomorrow though."She answered.

"Like I said, as long as you're happy."I said running my fingers through her long curls.

"I am, I feel giddy, I've never been this happy."Lulu commented and I could see and hear the joy in her face and voice.

"Me either."I agreed kissing her forehead.

"How was your bachelorette party last night?"I asked her.

We didn't have such a tradition in Kenya but since Isaac was half white he had suggested a bachelor party and Mark had agreed. When Ruth and Amani heard that I was having a bachelor party, she had organized a bachelorette party for Lulu.

"We watched dirty movies, got wasted on wine and prank called Rashid. It was fun. What about yours? I can't believe you guys going hunting was considered a bachelor party."Lulu teased.

Hunting and poaching was illegal in Kenya especially at specific protected areas but Mark found a way to get us a permit to hunt outside the reserve as long as we used fake bullets.

"Hey don't hate, it was fun, given we were shooting fake bullets but it was a good bonding moment for us guys. Plus it made up for the fact that I missed the tracking all those months ago."I replied the mood changing for a minute when I mentioned our accident.

Nalu and her accomplices had gotten life imprisonment for multiple crimes besides attempted murder towards us. Lulu and I didn't really talk about what had happened since we had both agreed to put it behind us as it was for the best. It was such a hard and difficult time for us which was best left in the past.