🕊️ Chapter Twenty Four 🕊️

LULU'S POV

The week had gone by so fast and I couldn't believe that in a few minutes my sister would be walking down the aisle. Paying of the dowry earlier in the week had gone without a hitch. It had been nostalgic going back to where we grew up but I was glad we never had to go back there since Marini had paid both mine and Amani's bride price.

The most exciting thing that had happened was meeting Isaacs family. I expected them to be snobby white people but they were surprisingly nice. His dad Nicholas and stepmom clara were going to be great in laws and his step step sisters Sheryl and Alicia were a delight. Our family was growing and I liked that.
I stood next to Amani at the alter and just like everyone else we were waiting for Marini to walk down the aisle. I'd already seen her in her gown as we were giving her my mom's veil to be her something old but I was still excited. Isaac looked handsome and confident in his dressy blues with a warm smile on his face. I knew he was nervous, he was just trying to be strong.

All the bridesmaids looked beautiful in dashing navy blue gowns. Even though it had been last-minute, Sheryl and Alicia were fixed in as bridesmaids and they fit perfectly. I was the only one without a partner but that was okay. I was more than happy to stay single, my man wasn't with me anyway. Soon enough Marini's entry song started playing and all eyes turned to the front. She looked so ethereal, like a goddess walking among humans. I noticed Isaac wipe away a stray tear and I thought to myself that if he could shed tears in public for her then he definitely deserved her. They were meant to be.

"She looks so pretty."Amani whispered next to me.

"I know, I'm not marrying her but I wish I was."I joked and we had to hold in our laughs.

When Marini finally got to the altar, Reverend Mark prayed before starting the ceremony.

"Who gives this woman to be married to this man?"He asked.

Amani and I look looked at each other before declaring "We do."

The whole church laughed at us yet we were serious about our declaration. We didn't have parents so we were giving Isaac permission to marry our sister.

"Stand down girls."Reverend Mark scolded and we frowned dropping out raised hands.

Tradition sucked.

Reverend Mark asked the question again and one of our estranged uncle's stepped forward. I didn't even know his name, he was just a temporary replacement for our parents. I shrugged the feeling of sadness off and focused on being happy for my sister.

The church ceremony went by pretty fast and since Marini and Isaac decided to do the traditional vows there was no sappy love declarations. It didn't mean that people didn't cry though because they did.

After the church we walked the newly weds outside and took lots of photos before proceeding to the reception. There was lots of dancing as we made our way into the venue and I mentally cursed Amani and Jeremy the whole time since they were in charge of the music. It was a happy occasion though so I sucked it up. When the whole excitement died down, it was time for food and drinks. The bridal party were all seated at a table in the front overlooking the rest of the guests but it didn't stop me from digging into my food. I'd been on my feet all day, I deserved retribution.

Soon enough it was time for the toasts and Amani and I had agreed that to write a joint one and I'd be the one to read it. She couldn't get past the first sentence without crying.

"Ten years ago we lost our parents and even though Marini was just a kid herself she stepped up and took care of us. She sacrificed and made sure that we never lacked anything. She guided us, fed us, educated us and most of all she loved and protected us. When she got attacked a year ago we made her get a bodyguard and even though she didn't like it she did it because she would do anything for us even if it wasn't what she wanted. Little did we know that the man she hired would be the one she would fall in love with. Isaac please take care of our sister. She has taken care of us for so long and its time someone takes care of her