🐺 Chapter Fifty 🐺

LULU'S POV

"Are you ready?"Isaac whispered as we stood outside the church doors my right hand holding onto him tightly as I held my bouquet of heathers flowers and baby's breath in my left hand.

"Yes, definitely yes."I mumbled very sure of myself but still unable to take a step forward.

Isaac didn't rush me, just squeezed my fingers comfortingly and gave me the time I needed to compose myself. I had asked Isaac to walk me down the aisle and give me away since my dad wasn't there to do it himself and Isaac was the new head male of our family. He had been really happy when I asked him and in my eyes no one was more worthy for the task.

I didn't really think of my parents much but it was hard not to on my wedding day. They were supposed to be there to give me away but sadly enough God had decided to take them from us too early. I'd already adapted to their death thanks to Marini but it would have been nice to have them around on my big day.

"Do you think he's nervous?"I asked Isaac and he knew who I was talking.

"I was on my wedding day waiting for your sister up there but it was the good kind of nervous. I'm sure James is too because this is a huge step you're both taking and if neither of you is feeling nervous about it then you're in it for the wrong reasons.I've seen how James looks at you and how you look at him. You're in it for the right reason."Isaac answered making me smile.

"Okay, that's all I needed to hear. I'm ready now."I affirmed fixing and imaginary wrinkle on my dress and gripping my bouquet tighter.

"Good because we've been out here for ten minutes and that's the fourth time they are playing the bridal chorus. James must be freaking out up there."Isaac pointed out and I just laughed.

"A bride is never early to the wedding, I have to keep him on his toes from day one."I teased making Isaac laugh too.

"You make a beautiful bride indeed, now let's get you hitched Lue."He chided earning a playful glare from me.

I took a deep breath, relaxed and followed Isaac's cue to step away from behind the door to reveal myself to the whole church. The whole bridal party was inside, just waiting upon me to walk in. Immediately Isaac and I revealed ourselves the bridal chorus started again and people started taking photos and clapping excitedly. The church that had been renovated and expanded was filled to maximum capacity since everyone wanted to part of our big day. It was an open invite wedding to all residents of Ndoto as I was their queen mother so everyone was welcome.

Our theme colors were white and red that's why the church was decorated in beautiful red roses. My bridesmaids were dressed in beautiful maxi white gowns with a red shuka design at the front accessorized with Samburu traditional jewelry.

The grooms men were in dark trousers and red Shuka print shirts to match those of the bridesmaids with male jewelry too especially on their arms

My eyes finally met that of James and he was looking at me in awe just as I was at him. He looked so handsome in his dark grey pants, white shirt with a red shuka print at the front and on the sleeves. His dreads were tied back in a neat pony tail and he had the biggest smile on his lips. I didn't know if he could see me because my face was hidden behind a veil but I was smiling too. I was finally getting married to the man of my dreams.