🦩 Chapter Twenty Five 🦩

LULU'S POV

"I don't like this idea. I'm sure Marini had her own reasons for not telling us." Amani argued as I barrelled towards Marini's office the morning gather her wedding.

"No Amani this was going too far."I replied ignoring the fact that we were both sleep deprived and probably hung over.

"Just promise me you'll watch your words."She requested holding my hand back before I could turn the doorknob.

"I'll try."I replied unable to resist the pleading look in her office.

And just like I just hadn't given my word to Amani to behave I turned the knob and flung the door open. We walked in and I slammed it close behind us. A startled Marini looked up at us eyes wide open in surprise. She glared at us but her face softened when she saw the pissed off look on our faces.

"Do you guys want to kill me? You could have at least knocked."Marini asked bending to grab her phone that she must have dropped when we barged in.

"Why did you do it Mar?"I blurted out unable to resist it anymore.

"Do what?"She asked looking confused.

"Don't stand there and play dumb. You know exactly what you did."I accused angrily.

Amani held my arm probably to remind me of my promise to her but I was too far gone to care.

"I'm sorry for whatever it is that I did that has hurt you so bad but right now I'm in dire need of sleep so please can we forget this, whatever it is."She requested trying to brush us off but I was having none of it.

She had already made a fool out of us by keeping us in the dark. The shit show ended after she explained herself to us.

"No we can't forget this Mar. What is wrong with you?"I yelled surprising even myself at my tone of voice.

Both my sisters seemed taken back and I could see that Marini was on edge and tired but I was too wound up to care.

"Amani what's up with your sister?"Marini asked her since she was always the more reasonable one among us in these kind of situations.

"She umh... We umh...."She stuttered before she noticed the pissed of look Marini was getting and she blurted it out."Uncle Jared told us what you did."She confessed.

I watched as a range of emotions pass through her face but the most prominent one was anger. What did she have to be a angry about? I was supposed to be the pissed of one.

"Calm down Lulu or we won't get answers."Amani whispered behind me and as much as I hated admitting it she was right. I took slow calming breaths and decided to approach everything in a much calmer manner or we would not get anything solved.

"Why Mar?"I asked in a lower tone still trying to reign in my anger.

"Because it's my responsibility and I was doing what I always do which is to protect you so don't you dare raise your voice at me. I'm still older than you and you need to respect me."She demanded in a scolding tone and I resisted the urge to recoil.

Marini never used that tone on us unless we were really getting into her nerves. Well too bad for her I was also at the edge of my rope.

There was a soft knock on the door before Isaac left himself in. We all turned out heads back to look at him. I hope he didn't stick around, he might have been family now but the discussion we were having didn't involve him.

"I'm sorry to interrupt but I heard yelling. Is everything okay?"He asked looking around at all of us.

"Yeah we're good, just straightening some things out."Marini replied telling him off politely.