🐇 Chapter Twenty Three 🐇

LULU'S POV

Supper with James family had gone better than expected. Even though they had asked quite a few questions at the beginning about our relationship, they hadn't been intrusive, just curious. On the drive back, James swore he had never seen his family be so well behaved. His mother hadn't asked about when we were planning to get married, she was just happy we were dating and James siblings didn't tease him. He decided that he would always take me with him whenever he visited since I seemed to make everything better. I had no objection to that seeing as I liked his family as much as they liked me if not more.

One of my sisters helicopters had picked me up and I was on a flight back to the city. It was definitely shorter than driving there and I was enjoying that. I hadn't had a chance to say goodbye to James since he'd had an emergency at the sanctuary but he had known I was leaving. We'd said our goodbyes the previous night so it's not like I'd just up and left.

I was excited to be going back home after almost seven months away but it felt strange calling it that. For some reason, Ndoto had become my home over the last few months and I felt as if going back to Nairobi was just a casual visit. I'd never felt that way about any place I'd visited before yet that dusty underdeveloped village that ate way too much meat had found its way into my heart.

It had something to James, more like everything to do with him. I was finally his girlfriend and after seven months of waiting I could proudly call him mine. Yes it had taken time but it had been so worth the wait. He had asked in the sweetest way possible and every time I thought about it, I found myself smiling like a fool.

Even though we were now official and his family knew, I was not ready to tell my sisters yet. I knew they would love him but I wanted us to be a little bit more stable first before I introduced them. It didn't feel right at the moment and there was no need to push myself, James was happy and I was happy too and that was all that mattered.

I turned my gaze to look outside the helicopter window and noticed that we were now flying over the city. Nairobi county, the city under the sun. It was beautiful in its own way but I'd never really liked it. There were too many people, too many cultures and even though some people liked that I never did. I was just happy that my sister bought a place that was away from all the hustle and bustle of the city.

Soon enough my sisters beautiful green estate came into view and we landed in her vast backyard. She had a beautiful two storey modern house with a wooden design instead of brick and a lots of windows. Marini loved the beach so it was natural that she would like a lot of natural light into the house. She had a pool in the backyard and a large garden that we'd loved exploring when we all lived together. The pool had a slide in one side and a few lounge chairs. In the backyard there was also a pool house, a fire pit with a few comfortable chairs and a dog house.

I thanked the pilot and got out of the helicopter with my simple luggage. I hadn't brought anything personal with me since I had all I'd need in my bedroom at the mansion, but I'd brought gifts for everyone. I walked across the backyard and found myself using the backdoor to get in. Isaacs black German shepherd came hurtling towards me, knocking me down. He licked my face and I'd have found it disgusting were it any other dog but Kim was house trained and very neat.

After a few minutes, I managed to get him off me and stood up.

"I missed you too boy."I cooed scratching the back of his ears.

"Where is the master and mistress of the house?" I asked and he just looked at me clueless as to what I was asking.

A ball rolled past us, probably the one he had abandoned when he saw me and he left me to chase after it. I chuckled to myself, grabbed my back and walked further into the house. Marini liked being immaculate so it was only understandable that her house be all white. The house had an open plan design where the kitchen was visible when you were in the living room. There were floor to ceiling windows to allow lots of light in.