🦌 Chapter Thirty Four 🦌

LULU'S POV

As much as James and I had sat down and talked about our issues as a couple it had still been awkward between us for a while. I had never intended for my money and wealth to come between us but in a way I understood where he was coming from. It was not easy for a man to date a woman who was so much richer than him. I had to cut him some slack, that's why I have him all the space that he wanted to get over what he was going through. He just needed my understanding and that's what I was going for.

My phone rang in my pocket just as I was filling out some paperwork in the comfort of my cabin. It was the least interesting part of my job but it had to be done. I picked up after seeing that it was my younger sister Amani calling me.

"Hey chubby, good morning."I greeted cheerfully earning me a grunt of disapproval from her.

"Good morning Lue, how are you this morning?"She replied sassily.

I honestly didn't dislike the name Lue, it had grown on me, I acted like it bothered me.

"Okay fine sorry and my morning is quite boring."I replied looking at all the paperwork in front of me.

"Too bad, anyway I don't have much time to talk, I'm going shopping with Jeremy. I was just calling to ask when you'll be arriving for Christmas."She asked and I bit my lip wondering how I was going to break it to her that I wasn't going.

No matter which part of the world I was in, I always made sure to spend Christmas with my sisters. This was the first year I was going to be away and I had been avoiding broaching that subject with them.

"You're too quiet. You're not going to come are you?"She asked sounding disappointed and I could picture the look of disappointed on her face.

"No I'm not and I'm sorry but I have so much to do. It's also my first Christmas together with James and I want to spend it with him."I explained hoping she'd understand my reason for breaking tradition.

"Then bring him with you."She suggested as if it wasn't a big deal.

I had thought about it but I dismissed the idea knowing James would probably say no. James was already intimidated by my wealth, taking him to my big sisters extravagant mansion would surely scare him away forever.

"It's not that easy Amani."I tried to explain but she was having none of it.

"Yes it is. If you can't I can call him and ask him for you."She offered.

"No no no don't do that."I quickly rejected the idea.

"Then invite him, we will be seeing you by latest twenty third. Don't forget to bring gifts for everyone, I especially liked the bracelets you brought last time, bring more of that."She advised and hang up the phone before I could say anything more.

I groaned out loud tossing the phone away from me as I slammed my head on the table. Now I had to think about how to invite James for Christmas with my sisters and be convincing enough that he would say yes. Christmas with my sisters was always fun, I just had to find a way to make him say yes. My sisters still hadn't called James but Marini had e-mailed me the background check she had done on him, not that I expected anything less from her.

Would he like them and more importantly would they like him? It was all too much so I pushed it to the back of my mind and focused on the work in front of me. Inviting James would have to wait until I was done. Hopefully by then I would have come up with a way to invite him that was convincing enough. Lord knows what my sisters would do if I failed to show up. I also didn't want to go without without James. Back to work, convincing would have to wait till later.