🦏 Chapter Forty Two 🦏

JAMES' POV

"Did Isaac and Jeremy help you choose this ring?"Lulu asked holding up her hand to the sun in such a way that the sun rays reflected off the diamonds in shimmering lights.

"Yeah Jeremy more than Isaac but he helped too."I replied.

She was lying on my chest, half naked like I was and we were perfectly happy as we were.

Lulu was my bride to be, she had said yes, I'd put a ring on it. All those metaphors to mean that Lulu was going to become my wife. It was official because she had said yes. That one word made me the happiest man alive at that moment in time and probably for the foreseeable future.

"That means I have to be nice now whenever he calls me Lue."She grunted making me smile.

"What's wrong with Lue? I kind of like it."I commented.

She lifted her head off my chest to glare at me.

"Because it's childish and if you call me that I am going to, I am...."She trailed off trying to find the right threat, scowling when she couldn't come up with a good one."I'm too happy with you right now to think of a proper threat but don't call me Lue."She demanded.

"I'm sorry, I won't call you Lue."I assured her.

"Good and if that's how our marriage is going to be, me telling you to jump and you asking how high then I can wait to be Mrs Lankenua."Lulu teased.

I pinched her butt cheek slightly making her slap my chest.

"Ouch that was painful. What was that for?"She scolded rubbing her ass.

"I just wanted to show you that its not going to be all sunshine and rainbows."I retorted.

"You're lucky I'm floating in oxytocin right now otherwise that pinch would have earned you no kisses for a week."She threatened trying to put on her mean face but failing miserably.

"Well it looks like I'll have to propose more often then."I chided.

Lulu gave me her most unimpressed look but I was too happy to let it bother me.

"Well that trick works only once, sorry."She shrugged.

"It's okay I'll find other ways."I replied.

"If I didn't already say it, I love you and I love the ring."Lulu gushed looking the happiest I'd seen her be in a long while.

I was happy too, elated. The proposal I'd planned on the ridge at sunset had gone to shit once Lulu found the ring. I didn't allow myself to freak out since the milk had already been spilt. I gathered my wits, went down on one knee and popped the question. I'd been scared that she would say no because it was so random but hearing Lulu say yes had been a dream come true. She was going to be my wife.

I was sure my mom would start planning the wedding as soon as I told her which was okay. I was ready to make Lulu my wife. She would be Mrs Lankenua and I couldn't wait. I would not be able to give her a big extravagant wedding since I'd used up most of my savings to buy the ring but Lulu was not a materialistic woman as she had told me time and again. Whatever wedding we decided on having would be the best for both of us, we would make the best of it.

"I love you more my queen."I whispered back caressing her back.

We lay in each others arms, more like Lulu lay on me for an additional half hour before we had to get up and get dressed. We had been at the plateau for hours and we needed to get going. I still had to show Lulu the ridge then drive back leaving enough time to check up on Nancy.