🦦 Chapter Twenty One 🦦

LULU'S POV

I kept one hand on the wheel as I drove towards the school for the official ceremony to unveil a few classrooms and the library. I found myself grinning as my free hand lingered over my lips as memories of the previous weeks ran through my mind. I couldn't get James out of my head no matter how hard I tried. He had always been on my mind but after our first kiss under the stars, he was all I thought about. Our first kiss had been more amazing than I could have ever imagined and the rest that followed got better with time.

After that amazing night James and I had gone back to our busy lives but we made time for each other, or at least enough stolen seconds to sneak in a make out session. I was becoming addicted to his kisses and it was not something that I regretted one bit. James had been made for me as much as I was made for him. We fit perfectly together like two pieces of a puzzle. We hadn't had the talk to define our relationship yet but it was because neither of us was worried. He was mine as much as I was his and we both acknowledged that. The talk could wait because neither of us was going anywhere.

I arrived at the school compound and parked under one of the trees. I alighted the car and locked it behind me after grabbing my purse. I was wearing a sky blue dress with flower patterns, a square neckline and thin straps. I wasn't one for heels but they were necessary for the occasion. I had a fresh cut in my hair and my curls were perfectly gelled. The occasion wasn't all that formal considering the buildings weren't complete but the students were starting their third and final term and I'd rushed construction so they could at least stop studying outside. They'd be a little squeezed but it would only be for a few more months until construction was complete. The library was already complete and stocked with all the required books and I was proud of that.

After all construction was complete in the whole village there would be an official ceremony where Marini and all the other investors would be requested to attend. At the moment I'd be there to celebrate the little wins.

I walked towards the newly installed administration block, passing by students who were to running around setting things up. They all looked happy and contented and I was happy that I had something to do with that. I found my way into the staffroom and found Ruth busy making ribbons with Mark annoying her by playing with the stapler. They both looked great dressed in matching outfits. Ruth was wearing an orange ankara maxi dress with an asymmetrical neckline. Mark was dressed in black shoes, black slacks and a black shirt with the same material of Ruths dress on the sleeves and across his chest.

"Mark I promise you if you waste another pin you're going to sleep with the goats tonight."Ruth threatened and Mark quickly dropped the stapler.

I laughed at their antics attracting their attention.

"Finally, our guest of honor is here. I thought you were bailing on us."Ruth exclaimed approaching me.

We hugged before she pulled away holding me at arms length to inspect my dress.

"You look beautiful."She complimented twirling me around.

"Thank you but have you seen yourself. I love your dress."I winked and she grinned making a bow.

"What about me?"Mark complained.

"You clean up nice too Mark."I appeased and the smile he gave me showed I'd won him over.

"What are you guys making?"I asked peering over her shoulder to look at the mess on the table.

Ruth squealed and turned around excitedly to grabbed something from the table. She looked back at me holding a very bright red ribbon with her written "Guest Of Honor" in bold letters.