🦍 Chapter Forty Five 🦍

THIRD PERSON POV

Lulu and James woke up in the morning wrapped in each others arms having only slept for a few hours on and off, no more than forty five minutes at a time.

"Fuck it will be months before anyone can convince me to go camping."Lulu lamented as she sat up on the small inflatable mattress.

Her body was sore all over and even though she didn't have any deep wounds, just scrapes and bumps, she still felt like she had been ran over by a train.

"With that attitude no one will offer to take you camping."James mumbled next to her.

Lulu grinned, her pain momentarily forgotten as she gazed upon her man, who was very much alive.

"Good morning Jamie, how are you feeling?"Lulu asked.

He looked a little pale, his forehead dripping with sweat and when she placed her hand on his skin he was burning up.

"Jamie you have a fever."Lulu exclaimed tossing the many blankets off him to reveal James who was shivering and covered in sweat.

"I'm cold."James shivered.

Lulu ignored his pleas and turned him over so he was lying on his back. She lifted his T-shirt to expose his ribs and realized that they were darker than they had been the previous night. James was running a risk of infection if he wasn't already. His foot was thankfully not bleeding anymore and the splints were still in place.

His fever was very worrying since his ribs were broken and there was no guarantee that he hadn't punctured his lungs.

"James you need to get to the hospital."Lulu cried as she caressed his forehead.

"Cold."James stuttered curling into a ball.

Lulu felt sorry for him so she covered with a single blanket to keep him warm. She undid the zipper on the tent exposing them to the suns morning rays. She put her boots on before getting up to stretch. Her muscles felt better afterwards but she made a promise to herself to get a full body massage as soon as they got back to the resort. She was entitled to one after the ordeal they had both survived through. Ruffling through all the stuff she had gotten from the jeep she found a clean piece of cloth. Grabbing a water bottle she wet the cloth before crawling back into the tent. She knelt next to James and placed the cloth on his forehead. James mumbled his protests and tried to take the cloth off but he was too weak.

"I'm hoping it will help with your fever. You need help but I can't leave you like this."Lulu cried adjusting them so that her head was on his lap.

James moved burying his face into her bare stomach. He was burning hot so Lulu used the wet cloth to lower his temperature as best she could.

"Don't cry."James whispered lifting his hand weakly to wipe the tears off her face.

Lulu smiled at his kind gesture her heart warming up at how sweet James was being even though he was in pain. Lulu took his hand and kissed his fingers softly before holding it to her chest.

"We'll be fine."James mumbled weakly.

"We must."Lulu sighed her voice lacking conviction.

Someone must have noticed that they were missing and was out there looking for them. They were trapped under a huge rock formation so it would be hard to spot them so Lulu decided it was time they moved.

Slowly and carefully Lulu set James head back on the mattress, kissed his forehead then got out of the tent. She looked around her surrounding making a plan in her head figuring out ways to shift them, moving to a more open space or to higher ground. First of all she decided to move James as far away from the car as possible. The place she had set up the tent was beginning to get too sunny and he needed some shade.

Queen Of The Plains ( The Matriarchy Series Book 2)✔️ जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें