🦘 Chapter Forty 🦘

LULU'S POV

I typed relentlessly on my laptop hoping to get my current work load done before the big day. Who knew there was so much paper work that needed to be filled when completing a project? It had been a productive ten months and even though we'd had a few mishaps along the way we still made it. We just needed to get through the final lap and we would be done for good.

A knock on my door alerted me that someone was on the other side of the door. It's like they were blind to the don't disturb sign I'd put on the door knob. I decided to just stay silent and hope they'd leave. That didn't work because whoever it was let themselves in. It took two seconds for me to recognize the heavy footsteps headed my way as those belonging to none other than my boyfriend. It always irked me calling him my boyfriend because he had just turned twenty eight years old recently. He seemed too old for that so it was better to call him my man and not my boyfriend.

"I know the sign on the door said don't disturb and so were the very insistent messages you sent me but I passed by my mom's after work and she sent me yoghurt to bring you."James explained hiding behind the sliding glass door that led to the balcony where I was.

"I will take a break for mom's yoghurt."I replied finishing the sentence I was typing before turning to James who held out a plastic bag for me containing a jar of his mom's delicious yoghurt.

"Hi baby."James greeted kissing my forehead before taking a seat next to me.

I just mumbled my response as my mouth was too busy digging into the delicious goodness James had brought me. I slowed down once I realized I'd finish it too fast.

"How was work today?"I asked James.

"It was good, since the sanctuary is officially complete now and fully equipped we are able to cater for more animals."James replied making me smile.

"That's good and I'm happy for you but as much as I would like to keep seeing that handsome face of yours, you gotta leave."I demanded softly.

"I just got here, why are you chasing me away?"James asked with a pout.

"Because I have work to do and you are a distraction."I replied as a matter of fact.

"Okay but can I talk to you about something before I leave."He requested.

"Sure what's up?"

"I would like to take you somewhere tomorrow."He started.

"Where?"I inquired already thinking of ways to turn him down without hurting his feelings.

"I need to go to the Park to check out a sick elephant. It'll only take like an hour so after that I want to take you on a trip of the National Park. You've been here almost a year and you've never gone so I would like you to come with me for your own personal tour."James explained.

"I would love to Jamie but there's so much work left for me to do. It's two weeks to the launch party and I'm already stretched thin as it is."I replied letting him down easy.

"And that's exactly why you need to come with me. It's only for a day, not a weekend getaway."He insisted.

"I can't James, I'm sorry. I have a lot of work."I apologized feeling bad for turning him down.

It would have been a great opportunity but my work load could not be ignored, not even for a day out with James.

"Well too bad, I wasn't asking. I was telling."James insisted taking me by surprise.

"What do you mean?"I asked taken aback by his commanding voice.

"You've been a wreck the past one month. You're overworking yourself and your workers because of the launch party. You stressing out is stressing everyone else out including me yet I don't work for you. So you're taking the day off tomorrow so I can take you to the national park and its not up for discussion."James demanded.