🕷️ Chapter Eleven 🕷️

LULU'S POV

I sat outside alone listening to the crickets as I waited for James to bring dessert. We'd already had supper and I didn't expect him to actually serve anything else but it seemed like he had other plans. We hadn't talked much during our meal and that was okay since we had the whole night ahead of us to talk. I'd never found anyone who attracted me as much as James did. He intrigued me in so many ways and I found myself yearning to get to know every detail about him. He was handsome,kind, polite, with a killer body and literally had everything a girl could ask for in a man but he was still shy in a way. Many men in his shoes would be proud and conceited but not James.

The strange thing was that he was only shy and timid around me. I'd seen him interact with his family and friends, he wasn't exactly outgoing or outspoken but he seemed to relate with them properly. Maybe it was me, was he afraid of me. Did I intimidate him that much? Maybe I was coming on too strong, I'd always had that trait. Going for what I want and always speaking my mind. Even though the date had been James idea, he may have been influenced by my straightforwardness and need to show gratitude for what I was doing for his family.

I knew that there was some attraction between us but was it enough for us to build something on. I knew that I was ready to start something with James but was he ready. We needed to talk about everything before we moved forward with our relationship. I wanted us to be on the same page. I didn't want to be in a relationship where he was not into it a hundred percent. I would give my all if we were to date and I expected the same from him.

"Sorry I took so long, the lock for my cooler was stuck."James announced once he joined me back outside.

"It's okay what's for dessert? "I asked rubbing my palms together in both nervousness and anticipation.

We were about to have a really long and difficult talk and I was hoping that it was going to bring us closer together and not build a gap between us.

"I'm not sure if it qualifies as dessert but we're having homemade yogurt."He replied placing a mason jar with the yogurt on the carved out log that was serving as our table.

"You make your own yogurt too?"I asked surprised.

"The awe in your voice makes me want to say yes but I can't take the credit for this one. My mom was trying something new with all the excess milk we get from our cows. She hopes she can market it and make some money for the community."He expounded handing me a spoon.

"That's a really great idea. Let me sample it and if it's good I'll be the first one to buy some and help her market the rest."

"That would be great."

He allowed me to have some first and my taste buds were having their own orgasm after the first taste. It was sweet but sour at the same time, smooth without any curds and it was not too heavy nor too light, just the perfect amount of thick.

"This is delicious."I claimed eyes wide as if I couldn't believe what I'd just tasted.

"And that's how you make a sale ladies and gentlemen."James joked making me laugh.

"But seriously tell your mom she's doing a good job and to keep it up. Actually I'll tell her myself. I'm sure I'll see her soon."

"Okay."

"Please tell me there's more."I pleaded taking another bite.

"Yes there is but you know what they say. Too much dessert ruins your dinner."He claimed.

"That's only applies when you have dessert before dinner."I defended scowling at him.

He raised his hands in surrender when he noticed my tone had turned defensive.