🦒 Chapter Ten 🦒

LULU'S POV

When James texted me asking me to dress casually I thanked the heavens for that. I knew how to dress myself well, I was just not a fan of dresses. I only wore them to church and on very special rare occasions. Casual was something I could definitely do. I decided on a pair of black and white pants, a matching cropped hoodie and a pair of white Adidas sneakers. My hair was styled with gel to accentuate the curls and for once I applied baby pink polish on my nails. I was not a huge fan of make up so I settled for a clear face except for chapstick to prevent my lips from drying up in the humid weather.

I didn't know where he was taking me but I hoped it wasn't anywhere public because I wasn't in the mood to see anyone else. I just wanted a quiet night with James with some good food and great company. It was a few minutes to seven so I left the bathroom and started looking for my cabin keys. I'd tossed them somewhere when I arrived from the site to start getting ready and they seemed determined to make me late.

"Aha found you!"I exclaimed fishing them out of the pot of fake plant by the door.

Since I was already at the door, when it was knocked I jumped a little before quickly composing myself. Taking a deep breath, I opened it with a smile on my face revealing James on the other side. He looked nice dressed in dark blue jeans,a white T-shirt with a denim shirt over it with all the buttons undone and grey sneakers. He had gotten his hair done and ends were now gelled and braided away from his face, twisted out backwards. In short he looked handsome.

"You look beautiful."He complimented smiling at me.

"Me? Have you seen yourself?"I exclaimed and that ladies and gentlemen is how you get James to blush.

His dark skin tone didn't allow you to see but I was sure if I touched his ears they would be hot. I didn't mean to embarrass him but my filter malfunctioned sometimes.

"I brought you something."James said changing topics as he held a small bag towards me and I took it from him.

"Definitely not flowers, chocolate or a puppy so what might it be."I teased shaking the bag.

"Just open it."He requested with a smile and I did just that.

Inside the bag were a couple of bracelets in different coloured beads, anklets, waist beads and the most beautiful necklaces with intricate designs.

"The night you came for dinner at our place you said I could hook you up with a couple of bracelets to say thank you."He admitted shyly and I looked up at him with a smile on my face wondering what to say to such cuteness.

"Honestly I was joking but thank you for these, they are beautiful. I hope they weren't expensive."I said still admiring them.

"No because I made them myself."He admitted and they got ten times more beautiful and precious.

"You never cease to amaze me James. Give me a minute to try some of them on then we can go. Come in please "I requested stepping aside to let him in.

He seemed nervous but I let him be as I entered the bathroom with my little goodie bag. The necklaces were too sophisticated for the outfit so I put on the waist beads which were visible since my hoodie was cropped, a couple of bracelets and one anklet on my left foot. I admired myself for a minute before leaving the rest on top of the sink so I didn't leave James waiting for too long. He was looking at a few pictures I had stuck to the fridge, most of them from all my travels.

"You sure do travel a lot."He commented when he noticed me.

"Yeah and I love it, my sister says it's because I've never found some place worth settling down or someone to settle down for."I replied.