Chapter 1

Adrienne, Andrea, and Jada sat on the couch as Dre stood in front of them going over rules. Dre and Aaliyah were going on a trip for the weekend, and this was the first time leaving the girls along for more than just a couple of hours.

"There will be no guests, no parties, and no deliveries of any kind to the house. That's why I'm leaving the keys to your mom's car", Dre asked.

Aaliyah began coming down the stairs.

"Only Roni and Jessica are allowed in this house. Do y'all understand?", Dre asked.

Veronica, Roni for short, is Jada's best friend and Jessica is Adrienne and Andrea's best friend.

"Dre, you've been down here going over rules for the last thirty minutes. I'm sure they get it. They're good girls", Aaliyah said as she smiled at them. "Right ladies?"

"Yes mom", they all replied with a smile.

"As long as they don't let nobody know they'll be home by theirselves, not answering the door for anybody, starting fires and shit", he said as he looked at Andrea before finishing his sentence.

"Dad, that was once", Andrea said.

"Don't let her touch the stove", Dre said as he pointed at Andre and looked at Adrienne and Jada.

Jada and Adrienne started laughing.

"And most of all no boys", Dre said. "If I even smell a scent of cologne, see a wallet, shirt-"

"Dre, they understand! I've already talked to them about this", Aaliyah said with aggravation. "We are going to miss the flight"

"It's ok to go over things", Dre said.

"Yes but we have to go honey", Aaliyah said.

Dre looked at the girls.

"We'll see y'all Monday", Dre said.

The girls got up and gave Dre a hug and Dre walked to the door as Aaliyah walked to the girls.

"Please be good. If y'all don't, he is not going to let y'all stay home alone again and he is going to be frustrated with me because I keep telling him that y'all are good enough to stay home alone", Aaliyah said. "Am I right?"

"Of course, mom", Jada said. "Look I'm 18. I'm an adult now"

"Adults pay their own bills", Aaliyah said as she raised her eyebrows.

"Well I'm just a child, who is capable of watching herself and her dear little sisters", Jada said correcting herself.

"You're only a year older than us", Andrea said.

"But I'm still in charge according to your dad", Jada said with a smile.

"Point is, be safe and don't do anything that you would want your dad or me seeing you do", Aaliyah said.

"Alright", the three of them replied.

"I love you guys", Aaliyah said as she hugged and kissed each one of them. "You guys are literally my miracle babies and-"

"And you don't anything happening to us", the three of them said mocking Aaliyah.

Aaliyah tells them that all of the time.

"I guess I say that a lot", Aaliyah said. "But it is true"

"Yes. And mom we will be just fine", Jada said.

Aaliyah sighed. "Alright", she said before walking to the door.

"Be safe. Call us if you need anything", Dre said as he opened the door for Aaliyah then walked out behind her.