Chapter 26

The following day, Adrienne woke up and went downstairs. She smelled the breakfast that Aaliyah was cooking and walked into the kitchen.

"Good morning mother", Adrienne said.

"Good morning", Aaliyah said with a smile. "Your sister up?"

"No. Not that I know of", Adrienne said as she sat at the table. "Where's dad?"

"...he had to go to New York", Aaliyah said.

"You know for something who is always telling us not to do bad things, he isn't a good role model", Adrienne said.

Aaliyah didn't respond to that, she just changed the subject.

"Hey, do you think Andrea is okay?", Aaliyah asked.

"I don't know. She seems okay, but I feel like she's not", Adrienne said.

Aaliyah made a plate for Adrienne and sat it in front of her.

"I have to go handle a few things with the company today but I want you to look after your sister. She needs us right now", Aaliyah said.

Adrienne nods.

Aaliyah walked back to the stove and made herself a plate and sat down this Adrienne.

————

(WITH JADA)

"Long time no see", Jada said as she followed Dre to the backyard.

"You are absolutely right. I hope you are being good", Dre said.

"Yea, but only mom would know that because she's the only one that calls me", Jada said.

"I have asked about you, Jada. Don't do that", Dre said.

"I know. You've been looking for Andrea. How is she? She hasn't answered my calls", Jada said.

"I'm not really sure about she's feeling. She says she's good, but I know she isn't. Hopefully she'll come around. I'm just giving her some time", Dre said.

Jada nods.

"Okay", Jada said. "I will see you later"

"Where you going?", Dre asked.

"Shopping", Jada said.

"I'm guessing you got some money", Dre said.

"Yep. I got a job at Amazon. I work at night", Jada said.

"That's good, J", Dre said.

Jada smiles and nods.

"I'll let you get to shopping", Dre said. "I'll see you later"

"See you later", Jada said before she walked out.

Dre made a face and walked to Killa.

"Dre, I told you to go back home", Killa said.

"I don't think you have the right to tell me that", Dre said as he sat down.

"I think that your family needs you right now", Killa said.

"Correction. My kids", Dre said.

Killa made a face.

"But Andrea needs her space right now. Hopefully when I go back in two days she's open up", Dre said.

"Woah I'm still stuck at the fact that you said your kids and them only. What's up with you and Aaliyah?", Killa asked.

Dre sucked his teeth. "I just feel like she's cheating on me", Dre said.

"Why do you think that?", Killa asked.

"She's lied about something she could've just told me from the jump. She said she didn't want me to get mad but... I don't feel like that's it", Dre said.

"What she lie about?", Killa asked.

"She went to see your brother and I didn't even find that out from her", Dre said.

Killa shook his head.

"I just don't really know what to believe", Dre said.

"I don't think Kevin would allow her to do that", Killa said.

"How would you know. You barely around that man", Dre said.

"Because I know my brother and he wouldn't wanna do that unless.."

"Unless what?", Dre asked.

"Unless they were together. She isn't just a toy to him", Killa said. "They have been through a lot"

"I just got this one question. Why would you ask him to help me out of all people?", Dre asked.

"...because he's the only person I know other than us, that will sacrifice himself for her", Killa said.

"So you telling me he still loves her?", Dre asked.

Killa didn't say anything.

Dre shook his head.

"I can't believe this shit", Dre said.

"She don't know that though", Killa said.

"You don't know what the fuck she know because she's a fucking lair", Dre said.

"So what you gonna do about it Dre?", Killa said.

"...I honestly don't know", Dre said.

"Well it looks like you have a marriage you need to go work on", Killa said.

"Or maybe one that is already done", Dre said.

"You can't just let this one thing break y'all apart. She doubt she even cheated", Killa said.

"It's not just this one things iight. It's secret after secret and lie after lie and I'm tired of it", Dre said.

Killa looked at him.

"...I didn't come here to do the job...I came here because I didn't want to regret something", Dre said. "I just wanted to think things through first"

"What? A divorce?", Killa asked.

"I don't know man", Dre replied.

Killa looked away. "Do what you gotta do, man. That's none of my business. All I gotta say is, don't regret it", Killa said as he got up and walked in the house.

TO BE CONTINUED....