Chapter 57

The Following Day...

"Drea, you went in his car last night?", Adrienne asked.

"Adrienne it's not that big of a deal", Andrea said.

"It is. You know what happened to you", Adrienne said.

Andrea didn't say anything. She just looked away. It's been a while since anybody spoke about.

"I'm sorry to bring it up but Drea...you need to be more careful. We just got here", Adrienne said.

"Thank you for being a good sister but I know what I'm doing", Andrea said. "Besides, he's not king and I have my taser. I'm good"

Adrienne shook her head.

"What's his name anyway?", Adrienne asked.

"BJ", Andrea replied.

"So what happened? Did he really did help with his "homework"? Or was he tryna do something else?", Adrienne asked.

"Can you stop being so negative?", Andrea asked.

"I'm just being realistic?", Adrienne asked.

"What? You're the only one who can have what she wants?", Andrea asked.

"What are you talking about?", Adrienne asked.

"Girl don't start that shit. You're mom and dad's favorite. You can do nothing wrong by them. You get to have a boyfriend who seems like so far, he won't be unloyal... you saying I can't have that? You saying that any guy who wants me, will want me for sex?", Andrea asked.

"I didn't say that", Adrienne said.

"You didn't have to alright...it's probably true anyway", Andrea said.

"Look, I don't know what all happened to you or what was said to you...but the right guy, a mature one...They will see you for how you are", Adrienne said. "A great and beautiful person"

Andrea looked down and sat down in the chair that was at her desk. Even though what Adrienne said, made her feel a little better. Andrea's self esteem was still downhill.

"I'm sorry...I'm sorry. You're not stupid and I know that. I just don't want anything else to happen to you and I know you don't either", Adrienne said.

"Honestly Adrienne, I'm at the point where I don't even care what happens to me", Andrea said.

"Don't say that", Adrienne said.

"Go what I went through, and you'd be saying the same", Andrea said.

"I thought you said you were feeling better about what happened", Adrienne said.

"Well I'm not.. I just said to get you, mom and dad off my back", Andrea said.

"...I'm telling them then, because you're talking reckless", Adrienne said.

"Adrienne don't... alright. They are finally at peace. Don't be the one to ruin that", Andrea said.

"You're their daughter. Their peace is your peace", Adrienne said.

"Exactly, so let them think I'm peaceful so that they can be too", Andrea said as she got up.

Adrienne sighed.

"I um...I gotta go to class", Andrea said.

"Alright", Adrienne said as she grabbed her bookbag.

Andrea and Adrienne walked out.

———

After Andrea's class, she walked out of the classroom and BJ caught up with her.