Chapter 3

The following day, Aaliyah was on the phone with someone as she sat on the poolside.

Jada and Andrea was looking at her from inside the house.

"Who do you think she's on the phone with?", Jada asked.

"I don't know. Maybe my dad, he isn't here", Andrea said.

"I doubt that. Adrienne was just on the phone with him trying to get on his hood side after", Jada said.

"Well I would be too if I actually really didnt do something wrong", Andrea said.

"Well y'all snitched on me", Jada said. "Dad moved his car somewhere else for a reason. He wanted to sneak up on me and King"

"I don't know about you but I was trying to get my allowance this week", Andrea said.

"And now nobody is", Jada said.

"Whatever. I just wish mom would hurry up and get off the phone", Andrea said.

"Whoever it is must be a comedian because she sure is laughing hard", Jada said.

"What if she's talking to another guy?", Andrea asked.

"No. I don't think she'd cheat on dad", Jada said. "18 years of marriage. I doubt it"

Andrea opened the door and walked outside.

"Wait. If you interrupt her, she isn't going to say yes", Jada said.

Andrea got closer to Aaliyah.

"Hey mom", Andrea said.

"Hold on, Carmen", Aaliyah said before she put the phone down. "Yes, Andrea? I'm on the phone"

Andrea looked at the phone and saw Carmen's name on it.

"Tell Aunt Carmen I said hey", Andrea said with a fake smile.

"Okay but what did you need?", Aaliyah asked.

"I forgot. Carry on", Andrea said lying.

Andrea walked back toward the house.

Aaliyah made a face then got back on the phone.

"These up to no good", Aaliyah said.

"What happened", Carmen asked.

"I don't know", Aaliyah said. "But back to this date you went on"

Carmen and Killa separated after a couple of years being together. Carmen did end up having a baby but the baby was pre mature and had a lot of issues going on so the baby didn't make it. That's what kind of caused they relationship to end.

"Oh, well he's actually a business man", Carmen said. "He owns this company, a legal one may I add, and he's doing really good for himself"

"Carmen I asked about the date. Not about his status. Did you like him? Did he like you? Was he gentleman?", Aaliyah asked.

"Yes, I hope so, and yes", Carmen said.

"Well that's good", Aaliyah said.