Chapter 41

That night, Aaliyah called Kevin using the hotel's phone.

"Hello?", Kevin said after he answered the phone.

"Hey, It's Aaliyah", Aaliyah said.

"Hey. You alright?", Kevin asked.

"No...but I will be okay", Aaliyah said.

"You wanna talk about it", Kevin asked.

"Yea...but I think it's best I talk to my sister. She's busy so I called you", Aaliyah said.

"That's the first", Kevin said.

Aaliyah smiled a little.

"Kevin, if there was anything you could go back and change what would that be?", Aaliyah asked.

"...not being there for you", Kevin said. "How about you?"

"Growing up so fast. I should've ask for help and maybe my life wouldn't be so bad", Aaliyah said.

"Hey. Things happen but now you have three amazing kids and you're married. You're surrounded by people who love you", Kevin said.

Aaliyah chuckled a little before rolling her eyes.

"What?", Kevin asked.

"Nothing", Aaliyah said.

"Did Dre fix things with XL?", Kevin asked.

"...yea. Things are straightened out...hopefully nobody dies", Aaliyah said.

"Nobody should if he agreed to it", Kevin said.

"How would you know. I thought you didn't really talk to him like that", Aaliyah said.

"Yea, but I know he's a man of his word", Kevin said.

"...can I ask you something?", Aaliyah asked.

"What?", Kevin asked.

"Are you the one that-"

Adrienne opened the door.

"Mom?", Adrienne said.

Aaliyah looked at her.

"Dad is at the door and he said to come here", Adrienne said.

"Ill call you later", Aaliyah said to Kevin before she hung up and got up to go to the door.

She saw Dre standing in the hallway so she walked out of the the hotel suite and into the hallway with him.

"I thought I told you not to come back", Aaliyah asked.

"My child called me and said you were crying so I came back", Dre said.

"I'm fine now", Aaliyah said. "So leave"

"You gotta be so harsh?", Dre asked.

"You haven't seen harsh yet. Just wait for the divorce", she said.

"What the fuck do you mean, Aaliyah?", he asked.

"You'll see", Aaliyah said.

"Don't fight fire with fire. It will not end well", he said in a stern voice.

Aaliyah shook her head and looked the other way.

"Now Aaliyah I didn't mean to hurt you alright", Dre said.

"Hurt me? Is that what you think you did? Dre, you have completely broke me", Aaliyah said. "Before I got with you I knew guys weren't shit but I guess I forgot that. That or I was blind to charm or maybe I was forced to love you"

"I didn't force you to love me", Dre said.

"Well you forced me to stay with you so I had no choice", Aaliyah said.

"Wow. I guess it's all coming out in the open", Dre said.

"I guess so, you lying cheating bastard", Aaliyah said.

"Don't start with the names", Dre said.

"Bitch", Aaliyah said.

"Aaliyah", Dre said.

"Dumb ass nigga", Aaliyah said.

"You know what. I'm going to walk away before I end up doing something I regret", Dre said.

"I thought that cheating on me for the third time was one of them", Aaliyah said.

Dre shook his head and walked away.

Aaliyah walked into the suite and shut the door behind her.

"Don't call your dad about me again", Aaliyah said.

"But you were crying", Adrienne said. "And since when was it wrong for dad to be around you?"

"...your dad and I are going through some things", Aaliyah said.

"Looking at what has been going on lately, that's nothing new", Adrienne said.

"Adrienne...this is serious this time", Aaliyah said.

"Like divorce?", Adrienne asked.

"I don't know. And I shouldn't even be telling you this right now but you're old enough to know something is wrong so...", Aaliyah said.

"What happened?", Adrienne asked.

"I guess we just...grew apart. I guess the love isn't there anymore", Aaliyah said.

"It was like three months ago", Adrienne said.

"I thought so too", Aaliyah said. "But Adrienne that's all I wanna talk about. We're done with this topic"

Adrienne looked down.

Aaliyah walked into the room and looked at her phone. She got a text message.

💬Kevin: Aaliyah, I just wanna say that I've always been here whenever you need someone.

Aaliyah read the message and called him back.

"That was quick", he said after he answered phone.

"I had to do something for a quick second", Aaliyah said.

"Like what? If you don't mind me asking", Kevin said.

"That's another story for another time...I just really need someone to talk to", Aaliyah said.

"Like I said, I'm all ears", Kevin said.

Aaliyah smiled a little.

"Not about my occur problem, I just need to get my mind off of something", Aaliyah said. "...just casual conversation"

"Something wrong with you and Dre?", Kevin asked.

"No", Aaliyah said lying. "He's just busy right now"

"Oh. I'm just saying. You know the last time he found out that we were just catching up. I just don't wanna be the way to ruin your relationship, ya know?", he said.

"I get it. But you can't ruin something that's not there anymore", Aaliyah said.

"Wait what?", he asked.

"...look, I don't wanna talk about it. I just wanna talk about other things okay? Just a casual conversation", Aaliyah said.

"....alright", Kevin said.

Aaliyah laid in the bed as they talked on the phone.

TO BE CONTINUED...,