Chapter 36

Aaliyah drove into a neighborhood and pulled up a house. Outside of that house sat D Patt.

For those of you who don't know, D Patt and Dre used to be cool but they had a fallen out years ago.

Aaliyah got out of the car as D Patt stood up.

"Well, well, well. If it isn't Mrs. Thompson", D Patt said.

"Yea. Let's cut the same talk about let's get right to chase. I need a favor from you", Aaliyah said.

"If it involves Dre, I don't wanna do it", D Patt said.

"Let's be real, why don't you like Dre? I mean you guys were close. What happened to that?", Aaliyah asked.

"He started putting a bitch before his boys", D Patt said.

"Call me a bitch again and I break your wrist", Aaliyah said.

"You were one then, but not now. I must admit that, you proved everybody wrong", D Patt said.

"Either way, the only person who should be upset with Dre is Herbo and he's dead sooo that leads nobody", Aaliyah said.

"And he's dead because of Dre", D Patt said.

"No. He's dead because of what he did. It's called Karma", Aaliyah said.

"What? Because he wanted to fuck you?", D Patt asked.

Aaliyah made a face. "No. Because he killed my best friend and he tried to kill Dre", Aaliyah said.

"...I didn't know that", D patt said.

"Well now you do...point is no matter what happened at the end of things, Dre had always had your back. You, Jay, Herbo-"

"Well he shot Herbo for kissing you", D Patt said.

"Maybe he shot herbo because he wasn't a real friend to began with. Dre actually liked me and you guys had no faith in him and his feelings. You just down played his decisions", Aaliyah said.

D Patt looked to the side.

"I'm not saying to stop being mad at him and I'm not saying to become buddies with him. But right now, he needs you to have his back", Aaliyah said.

D Patt just stood there thinking about his answer.

"I will pay you", Aaliyah added.

D Patt looked at her.

"I'll do it...but not because of the money. But because you're right", D Patt said.

"I'm right?", Aaliyah asked.
D patt ignored the question. "But I'll still take the money", D patt said.

"Of course you will", Aaliyah said before she walked to her car. "I'll text you with the details"

"One more thing before you go", D Patt said.

Aaliyah looked at him.

"I'm sorry", D Patt said. "I'm sorry about everything I've said about you. I mean I was so blunt like Herbo but...I'm sorry"

"...I've dealt with worse, so even then that didn't phase me as much but I'm glad to hear a "I'm sorry" for once...I'm also glad you've mature in the past 20 years. I didn't know what to expect from you", Aaliyah said

D patt nods.

"Read my text and get back to me with your decision and then we will do what we have to do from there", Aaliyah said.

"Okay", D Patt replied.

Aaliyah got in her car and drove off.

Although she went with the option of divorcing Dre in order to protect everyone. She just felt like it was more to everything. She just felt like that guy had something else under his sleeve so she went to D patt for a Plan B just in case.

(You guys will know what plan b is later on)

TO BE CONTINUED....