Chapter 60

Adrienne was walking to class. She wasn't walking with Andrea because they felt like it was okay to walk on campus alone since it was way more people outside.

As she was walking to class, she was on FaceTime with Jeremiah.

"I'm sorry I didn't talk to you last night. I just had a lot going on", Adrienne said.

"Talk to me bae", Jeremiah said.

"As much as I would like to talk about it, I know it may worry you", Adrienne said.

"Why would it worry me?", Jeremiah asked.

"Hey can I talk to you for a minute", BJ asked as he walked up to Adrienne.

"Who is that?", Jeremiah asked.

"Nobody", Adrienne replied to Jeremiah.

Adrienne looked at BJ.

"I'm not Andrea", Adrienne said.

"I know. You're her sister", BJ said.

"Jeremiah let me call you back. I have to go to class", Adrienne said.

"Who in the hell was that?", Jeremiah asked again.

"Andrea's friend. Listen, let me call you back when I get out of class", Adrienne said.

Jeremiah hung up.

Adrienne sighed.

"What do you want?", she asked as she continued walking.

"What's wrong with Andrea? She just cut me off this morning", Bj said.

"Maybe because you didn't need to be put on in the first place", Adrienne said.

"Nah, I didn't do anything wrong", BJ said.

Adrienne stopped walking.

"If you didn't do anything wrong then im not the person you should be talking to right now. Andrea has been through a lot in a matter of days. She's not going to open up to you just like that. She's going to push you away. Once upon a time she wasn't like that. She was free and social. If you wanna know what wrong with her. Talk to her. If she opens up, cool. If she doesn't, don't force her. I'm not going to give you any advice because I don't know you like that and I don't want you to take advantage of my sister. So figure it out on your own", Adrienne said before she walked away.

BJ stood there for a moment as he thought about what Adrienne said.

———

The following day, BJ called Andrea outside to talk to her. It was currently night time.

Andrea walked out of her building. She saw BJ but she also looked around at her surroundings.

"What?", she asked as she got closer to BJ.

"I wanted to talk...but I felt like we should talk face to face", BJ said.

"Okay...what?", Andrea asked.

"Okay so..I get that you have a situation going on and I'm not trying to be a therapist...but I also don't wanna let this go so if we gotta work through whatever you have going on then we will", BJ said.

Andrea sighed.

"If what you really really really want is for me to leave you alone then I will. If you want me, like I want you, then please don't end this", BJ said.

"...I have to think about it", Andrea said.

BJ nods. "Okay", BJ replied.

Suddenly, Andrea saw someone approaching from the corner of her eye. She looked and it was Dre.

"Oh my God", Andrea mumbled.

"Who are you?", Dre asked.

"Who are you?", BJ asked back.

"Her dad. Now answer my question son", Dre said.

"Oh um..BJ", Bj said.

"Well BJ I don't know why you have my daughter out here late but you should go do something productive", Dre said.

BJ looked at Andrea.

"I'll see you tomorrow", Andrea said.

"Alright", BJ said before he walked away.

"Boyfriend already?", Dre asked.

"No", Andrea replied. "What are you doing here"

"Your mom wants to see you guys. She in the car and so is Adrienne", Dre said.

Andrea stood there for a moment and then followed Dre to his car.

"You feeling okay?", Dre asked.

"Yea I'm fine", Andrea said.

Dre shook his head.

"It's been about a year and you still won't talk about things", Dre said. "I don't know who's better at holding stuff like that in. You or your mom"

Andrea looked down.

"Yea, I know you're not okay. You're my daughter. I've just not been pressuring you about it", Dre said.

"...it's nothing to really talk about dad. It is what it is", Andrea said.

"One day you'll see that talking about your feelings is the beet way to lift that heavy weight off your shoulders...I'm starting to realize that after the talk your mom and I had yesterday", Dre said.

Andrea didn't say anything.

"But like I said, I'm not going to force. But we're here when you're ready", Dre said before he opened the door for Andrea.

Andrea got into the backseat of the car and Dre got into the driver's seat.

"You could've texted me for a heads up", Andrea whispered to Adrienne.

"I didn't know you'd be outside with him", Adrienne replied back.

Dre drove off.

After BJ got in the car from talking to Andrea, he went back to his dorm building and parked in the parking lot. The parking lot was close to the building but it was across the street.

When he got out of the car, there were 3 men in in ski masks approaching him.

"Aw shit", BJ mumbled as he rolled his eyes.

Two of the guys grabbed him and BJ kicked the one that was in front of him in the stomach. That's when he got out of the grips of the other two men and started to fight them. They were too strong and it was three versus one so even though BJ got a good fight in, one of them managed to choke BJ out. That's when BJ passed out.

TO BE CONTINUED...