Chapter 46

Later that night, Aaliyah finally decided to call Dre. She had been thinking about how Nae was still alive for hours and how Dre knew.

Dre quickly answered the phone after the first ring.

"Is everything okay?", he asked as soon as he answered the phone.

"Yea. I'm fine and the kids are fine but one person isn't", Aaliyah said.

"Who?", Dre asked.

"...Nae", Aaliyah replied.

Dre didn't say anything.

"So you know about her being alive?", Aaliyah asked.

"Look Aaliyah I can explain-"

"Nah. I don't need you to explain okay? It's alright. I get it. You still loved her...you didn't want to see her die", Aaliyah said.

"...what's wrong with her?", Dre asked.

"XL has been holding her hostage for weeks. He's beaten on her to get information out of her", Aaliyah said.

Dre let out a sigh.

"So...do you still love her?", Aaliyah asked.

"Aaliyah look. At the time when all that shit was going on with her and Andre, I did love her. Yes. I was still in love with her. But I'm not anymore", Dre said.

"That's what you said before, so you expect me to believe that shit?", Aaliyah asked.

"You should believe it because it's true alright?", Dre said.

"You make me so fucking sick. I swear to god", Aaliyah said.

"Calm the fuck down", Dre said. "Don't start that shit"

"It's always her! Always!", Aaliyah said.

"You know what Liyah. I'm going to hang up and call you back when after you realize who you're talking to", Dre said.

"You know what Dre, I'm glad that she didn't die because I actually have a heart. But it's the fact that you lied", she said.

"I wanted you to feel safe", Dre said.

"...she's looking for you", Aaliyah said changing the subject.

"Did you tell her where I was?", Dre asked.

"No. I didn't and I shouldn't. Dre she almost killed us", Aaliyah said.

"She was in a dark place at the time Aaliyah", Dre said.

"I don't give a damn. That girl is the most gullible bitch I've seen. Call me dumb or whatever but I would find some type of way to keep you and my kids alive. She on the hand other didn't use her brain right, I mean look what happened to A-

"Hey. Don't even finish that sentence", Dre said with a stern voice.

"...she already told him that you'd rather save me than your own kids and if she didn't say that, then he took it that way", Aaliyah said.

"Yea, maybe he took it that way", Dre said.

"Wow...", Aaliyah said.

"What?", Dre asked.

"I just...I'm not saying that your wrong. Maybe he she didn't say that to him but...It's just crazy how you always have her back like that but yet I'm quick to be blamed for things", Aaliyah said.

"Aaliyah don't start this", Dre said.

"You know what Dre. Maybe this divorce is something that we need because I'm realizing that maybe my last 20 years should've been spent with someone else and you with her", Aaliyah said.

Dre sighed.

"And you aren't saying anything. You know what back", Aaliyah said.

"I'm not saying anything because you talking cr-"

Aaliyah hung up the phone before he finished his sentence.

Andrea walked into the room.

"Mom?", Andrea said.

Aaliyah looked up at her.

"Yes honey?", Aaliyah asked.

"...I've been thinking about somethings and maybe... maybe I should give the baby up for adoption", Andrea said.

"You sure? I know things may be a little different right now but you may feel a sense of attachment when the baby is born and you're holding him or her in your arms for the right time", Aaliyah said.

"...yea. I'm sure. I wanna start a family when I'm ready and I'm not ready", Andrea said.

Aaliyah nods. "Okay. I will look into a good family who will want to adopt", she said.

Andrea nods. "Thank you", she said.

"Any time", Aaliyah said.

Andrea walked out of the room.

Aaliyah looked up at the ceiling.

"Keyanna, I could really use your motherly advice right now", Aaliyah said with a sad smile. "Things just aren't going as planned. Maybe if I would've just listen to you, I could've been with someone like that guy you tired to set me up with. I love Dre but ... I don't know sometimes love isn't enough for everything we've been through and what we're going through now. Maybe things would be normal complications and problems that could easily be resolved and not result in someone dying if I wasn't so fixated with hood guys...I don't know if you can hear me but I just wanna say that I'm sorry for being so stubborn and I miss you"

Aaliyah sat there for a moment then got under the covers and laid there thinking about things.

TO BE CONTINUED...