Chapter 6

After Ice came back from the gas station, he told the girls all they needed to know.

"You know before we do anything, I feel like we need to get the money first at least. We aren't about to sit up here and get played", Adrienne said.

Ice looked at Adrienne. "About time you grew some backbone", he said.

Adrienne rolled her eyes.

"I'll be back. I'm about to get the money", he said before walking into the building.

"Andrea, I don't know about this", Adrienne said.

"Girl, you wanna have your own business right?", Andrea asked.

"Yea", Adrienne said.

"Well business is about taking risks. Not being scared to leap into action", Andrea said.

"This is different. He's most definitely up to know good", Adrienne said.

"I don't care what he's up to. At the end of the day, we're getting paid and if he try something, all we gotta do is call Jada's dad", Andrea said.

"Who says he wants to get into our mess", Adrienne asked.

"Well, day could get here in what? A couple of days?", Andrea said.

Adrienne shook her head. "I swear you're always getting me into stuff", she said.

"Hey, at least the last thing I got you into, got you with your crush", Andre said.

Adrienne smiled a little. "Yea, but question is what is this going to get me or you in?", Adrienne asked.

Ice came back outside with his hands in his jacket pockets. He walked closer to them and handed them both multiple hundred dollar bills.

Andrea's eyes got wide.

"500 each", he said.

"Just to talk to someone?", Adrienne asked.

"Girl, shut up before we get less", Andrea said.

"And since y'all got the money, y'all better get this shit done. If nothing gets done, I'm going to need my money back. Do you understand?", Ice asked.

"Yea", Andrea said.

Adrienne nods.

"Alright. Go ahead", he said.

Andrea and Adrienne both got into the car.

"Okay, now I'm a little nervous but 500 dollars? In one night?", Andrea said as she started the car and started driving.

"Yea, that is a lot", Adrienne said. "Let's just hurry up"

"So how you wanna play this? We can't just get out the car and walk up to him? That's suspect", Andrea said.

"Let's just park from a distance and pretend like we're just walking home", Adrienne said.

"Good idea", Andrea said.

"Oh my god, Andrea I swear to God if some shit pops off I'm fucking you up if you aren't dead first", Adrienne said.

"Stop thinking so negative", Andrea said.

"I'm not thinking negative. I'm actually thinking, unlike you. All you saw was money. Look I know you like to hustle people and do favors for money but this type of favor ain't it", Adrienne said.

Andrea got quiet.

"He got our gas, we agreed to it, and took the money so we're in this now. It's no looking back. But don't do this again", Adrienne said. "Sometimes you have to say no even if money is involved"

"...alright Adrienne. I get it, you know better. You're the smartest of all of us, you've achieved more than us...you're mom and dad's favorite for a reason", Andrea said.

Adrienne made a face.

"Let's just stop talking so I can get my mind right", Andrea said.

"...I'm not their favorite", Adrienne said.

"Yes, you are. You always have been", Andrea said. "Let's just leave it alone alright"

Adrienne didn't say anything.

They drove near the location and got out of the car. They started walking until the saw the guy that Ice showed them a picture of.

Andrea and Adrienne walked up to him. He was outside with another guy but as they walked to him, the other guy was leaving.

"Excuse me", Andrea said.

The guy turned and looked at them.

"Hey", Andrea said.

"Hey", they guy said with a smirk and looked them both up and down. "What can I help you with?"

Andrea looked at him closer. "Oh never mind. I thought you were someone else", Andrea said.

"Like who?", he asked.

"This guy that I met last night at the club", Andrea said. "You look like him"

"Maybe it was me, I went to a club last night. I was a little drunk so I can't remember everyone I talked to...but you two? I think I should remember", he said.

Adrienne and Andrea smiled.

"So y'all live around here?", he asked.

"No, just coming from seeing a friend... but I am glad that we bumped into you", Andrea said. "Maybe I could get your number?"

Adrienne looked over and saw a car slowly driving up.

"Hell yea", he said.

Andrea smiled as she took her phone out.

Suddenly, the windows rolled down on the car and Adrienne got a little nervous.

"She's 17. We are 17", Adrienne said.

The guy made a face. "Oh shit", he said as he started walking backwards. "Never mind. You don't need my number"

A gun came out of the window, and started shooting at the guy.

The girls ran and hid.

"Oh my gosh", Andrea said, breathing hard.

Adrienne looked felts her arm and she got gazed by a bullet. It was blood on her hand.

"Oh my God, Adrienne", Andrea said as she saw the blood on Adrienne's hand.

Adrienne grabbed her arm again. She couldn't believe she got hit with a bullet.

Andrea looked out at the street and the car was gone.

"I think that was his plan the whole time", Andrea said.

Adrienne was sitting there trembling. She was scared.

"I told you he was up to no good", Adrienne said.

"...but that was still easy money", Andrea said. "I don't think you were supposed to get shot"

"I think it just gazed me. I mean it still hurts but I think it just gazed me", Adrienne said.

"Let's go", Andrea said as she grabbed Adrienne's hand and they ran to the car.

Adrienne looked back at the guy's body as they ran then looked forward.

She didn't understand why Andrea wasn't panicking right now. She always knew that Andrea was the sister that was a risk taker and to always get into things but this was different than what she has even done and yet she didn't even flinch.

TO BE CONTINUED....