Chapter 25

Once Dre and Andrea got home, Aaliyah and Adrienne was surprised to see her because Dre didn't tell them what he went out to do. After hugging and greeting each other, they are dinner. Andrea ate the most out of everyone at the table because she was literally starving. She didn't talk about her experience. She acted like it never even happened.

Aaliyah sat on the edge of Andrea's bed.

"So...do you wanna talk about it?", Aaliyah asked.

"...no. I don't have anything to say", Andrea said.

"...alright I'm not going to force you but I just want you to know that if there is something that you wanna talk about I'm here for you. It's better to talk about things then to hold your thoughts in, trust me", Aaliyah said.

Andrea nods.

"Goodnight baby", Aaliyah said.

"Goodnight mom", Andrea replied.

Aaliyah walked out of the room and shut the door. She then walked into her bedroom and Dre taking off his shirt.

"Ooooh, I might as well push you on the push and get busy right now", Aaliyah said jokingly.

"Lock the door then", Dre said.

Aaliyah locked the door and walked to him and started kissing him and Dre started kissing back as he laid her on the bed and he hovered over her.

Dre stopped kissing her and looked at her.

"...what?", she asked.

"Why do you always have to keep secrets from me huh? Come on Liyah. We talked about this", Dre said.

"What are you talking about", Aaliyah said.

"I'm talking about Kevin. You ain't tell me you went to his house and then you were the one who reached out to him. About what? About us?", Dre asked.

"No. No it wasn't about us", Aaliyah said. "How do you even know that?"

"Killa called Kevin up to help me get Andrea", Dre said.

Aaliyah didn't say anything.

"You cheating me?", he asked.

"No", Aaliyah replied. "No, I am not cheating on you"

"Well you keeping that a secret sure is suspicious Aaliyah", Dre said as he got off of her.

"I'm not Dre", Aaliyah replied.

"So why were you at his house?!", Dre shouted.

"...King is Kevin's girlfriend's nephew. I went there to see if he knew or if she knew where he lived. Kevin didn't know and him and his girlfriend was on a break and wasn't answering any of his call", Aaliyah said.

"...why couldn't you just tell me that?", Dre asked.

"Because he's my ex and I know who you feel about him", Aaliyah said. "...I just wanted to know where my daughter was alright. If she didn't wanna come home, I just wanted to be sure she was safe"

Dre shook his head.

"And um...Jeremiah is Kevin's son", Aaliyah said.

Dre looked at Aaliyah.

"Oh hell nah ", Dre said.

"But that shouldn't matter right?", Aaliyah said.

Dre sat there for a moment.

"Jeremiah is a good kid whether you're still suspicious about him or not alright? I know what type of people you are used to and I know what time of people I'm used too to but Jeremiah is not that", Aaliyah said.

"Why? Because of Kevin says so?", Dre asked.

"No. He didn't have to tell me anything. I can tell and so can you but you just don't wanna admit it", Aaliyah said.

Dre looked down. "...I don't want her to grow up", he said.

Aaliyah smiled. "Well she has to one day", she said.

Dre looked at Aaliyah.

"You know I was about to be petty but...I'm glad I just talked to you about what Kevin told me", Dre said. "....it kinda showed me that I can't really trust you like I thought I could"

Aaliyah made a face.

"Dre I just told you why I went there", Aaliyah said.

"Yea but you also told me that all you did was go to the grocery store but you didn't. You were with him too and that means you lied to me", Dre said.

"I didn't want you to get upset", Aaliyah said.

"Well good job because now I'm pissed", Dre said normally.

Aaliyah looked down.

"I love you Aaliyah but...if you continue to not be honest with me then we are going to have to go our separate ways", Dre said.

Aaliyah looked at him with a sad face.

Dre stood up.

"I was supposed to go up to New York in the morning but I think I'll just go tonight", Dre said.

"Dre, I'm sorry. I-"

"Aaliyah just stop. I don't want this to turn into an argument. I just wanna leave before we say some things that we'll regret", Dre said.

Aaliyah sat there and looked down.

"I will see you Monday", Dre said as he went into the closet and grabbed a shirt and his bag. "I love you"

"I love you too", Aaliyah said.

Dre walked to her and kissed her forehead.

"Be safe. Call me if you need me", Dre said.

Aaliyah nods.

"You be safe too", Aaliyah replied. "Try not to end up in front of a bullet"

Dre smiled a little. "Goodnight", he said.

"...Goodnight", Aaliyah said as her voice cracked a little.

Dre looked down then back forward as he walked out of the room.

TO BE CONTINUED....