Chapter 63

Andrea walked out of her dorm building at the time that BJ said to meet him. She was nervous and she didn't know whether or not he was with the guys that were trying to get her and against them. She wanted to call her dad but at the same time she hadn't talked to him since she yelled at him.

BJ was outside as planned and she got into the car.

"I don't about this BJ", said Andrea.

"Everything will be fine... well hopefully everything will be fine", BJ said.

"See now you have me even more stressed out", Andrea said.

BJ started driving. He took a gun from the arm rest and placed it in the cubby under the radio.

"Do you even know how to shoot that thing?", Andrea asked.

"I guess it's always a first time for everything. But he said I probably wouldn't need to use it", Bj replied.

"Who is he?", Andrea asked.

"You wouldn't know. He's my Uncle. His name is Olin. He knows people", Bj said.

"I think I—"

"Hold on real quick. Somebody calling me", he said as he pulled his phone out of his pocket. Then he answered it.

"Hello....yea....okay", said BJ before he hung up.

"Who was that?", Andrea asked.

"Them? They kinda stupid. Why would they call while I'm with you", said BJ.

Andrea watched BJ as he drove.

"If you're really trying to help me. I just wanna say thank you and I'm sorry for blowing you off....I'm still trying to understand why you're doing all of this for me since you just met me but...thank you anyway. I think my dad and his friends will take care of the rest", said Andrea.

"Huh?", Asked BJ.

"Olin... he works with my dad and my older sister's dad", Andrea said.

"Damn. Small world", BJ said.

———-

(WITH DRE)

"What the fuck are you doing here?", Killa asked Aaliyah.

"She's my daughter", Aaliyah replied.

"Girl, take yo ass back to the hotel", said Killa.

"Hold up, you doing too much now. Don't talk to me like that. I ain't Carmen", Aaliyah said.

"You my baby mama though", said Killa.

Aaliyah rolled her eyes. "Do you know how many times I saved that nigga's life over there", Aaliyah said as she pointed at Dre who was sitting to himself. "Multiple"

"I don't give a damn. When the last time you even shot a gun?", Killa asked.

"Fuck you", Aaliyah replied before walking to Dre.

"Everything is going to okay alright", said Aaliyah. "Andre will be okay"

"...seems like no matter what I try to do as a father I fail. I don't wanna fail again", Dre replied.

"You never failed", said Aaliyah. "You just had some ups and some down. Every parent does"

"I let Andre get killed...I thought spending less time with him would keep him safe but it didn't. I let Andrea get auctioned off to some sick bastards and I've tried to do so much with keeping them safe growing up", Dre said. "And then you...don't let me get started on your hardheaded ass"