Chapter 12

Later that night, Adrienne was up talking to Jeremiah.

"You still playing volleyball for senior year?", Jeremiah asked.

"I don't see why not. Might as well finish high school out strong", Adrienne said. "I can conditioning next month"

"Me too for football", Jeremiah said.

"...what do you plan on doing after high school?", Adrienne asked.

"I wanna go to college but I don't know", Jeremiah said. "I don't know exactly what I wanna do"

"Well I know I wanna go for business", Adrienne said.

"Business woman? I like it", he said.

Adrienne smiled.

"I guess I just find something new about you everyday huh?", Jeremiah asked.

"That's the whole point of talking. To get to know each other right?", Adrienne asked.

"Right", Jeremiah said. "And I'm loving every bit of it. I just wanna know we can finally go out sometime"

"Like on a date?", Adrienne asked.

"Yea", Jeremiah said.

Suddenly, Dre came in the room.

Adrienne looked at him and quickly hung up.

"Hey dad", Adrienne said.

"What you doing?", he asked.

"Nothing", Adrienne said.

"I had you talking", Dre said. "Who to?"

"Jessica", Adrienne said.

Dre looked at her phone and Jeremiah was calling her back.

"Who is Jeremiah? That boy from the party?", Dre asked.

"...Yea, but daddy he is really nice. He's nothing like King", Adrienne said.

"Well I need to meet him eventually. Especially before y'all start going on dates, chillin, hanging out, whatever", Dre said. "But have you seen your mom?"

"She's not here?", Adrienne asked.

"Never mind. Just answer the phone", Dre said before he walked out of the room.

Adrienne was shocked to hear him say that. That was unlike him. But once he left the room, she answered the phone.

"Sorry about that", Adrienne said.

"It's cool", Jeremiah said.

———
(WITH JADA)

"King, I don't know how else I gotta put it. We're done! Fuck you and everything you stand for", Jada said over the phone to King.

"Alright, so it's like that?", King asked.

"You made it like that", Jada said.

"Alright, bet. You don't wanna come back then I got something for yo ass", King said.

"Whatever. Bye", Jada said before she hung up.

Jada was next in line to go into the club.

"ID?", the bouncer asked.

Jada handed him her license and he looked at it and handed it back and let her through.

Jada walked into the club and saw nothing but men and strippers around. One of the strippers bumped into by accident.