Chapter 2

After Jada left, Adrienne walked back up to Andrea.

"Where is Jada going?", Adrienne asked.

"With that dumb ass nigga. Where's Jeremiah?", Andrea asked. "You didn't run him away did you?"

"No. He was talking to King and if he's in a gang and whatever else King got going on, I don't want him", Adrienne said.

"That's his cousin", Andrea said.

"Cousin?", Adrienne replied.

"Uh Yea. So go back out there and talk to him", Andrea said.

"Okay but that doesn't change the fact that he might—"

"Look you won't know until you ask", Andrea said. "Now go before he catches someone else's eye"

Adrienne rolled her eyes. "Fine", she said.

Adrienne walked back outside and Jeremiah was sitting on the steps waiting for her.

"Sorry", she said.

Jeremiah looked back and saw her. He then stood up.

"I had to use the bathroom", she said.

"It's cool. That's where I guessed you went", he said. "That or you were trying to get away from me"

Adrienne smiled. "...so Jeremiah back to the question at hand", Adrienne said.

"Oh yea. I think that you are gorgeous", Jeremiah said. "I don't really know you much, so that's all I can say right now"

"My sister looks just like me, so why not her?", Adrienne said.

"Well your sister is...how can I put this", he said as he started thinking. "I can't really explain your sister honestly but I just know she ain't you"

Adrienne smiled a little.

"I like the way you carry yourself", Jeremiah said. "That has always stood out to me"

"Well my dad and mom have taught me a lot", Adrienne said.

"They did good", Jeremiah said. "You know maybe one day I can meet them"

"How about we start with exchanging numbers first?", Adrienne said.

"Yea", Jeremiah said with smile.

It's been an hour and Adrienne and Jeremiah were still outside talking while Andrea was in the backyard with some guys playing dice.

It was Andrea's turn and she had a hand full of money. She rolled the dice and got a 7.

"That's what I'm talking about", Andrea said.

"Hold up, fuck this shit. Ain't no way I lose all the money I put out, to a female", one of the guys said.

Andrea smiled. "Are you saying that you quit?", she asked.

"He might as well. He ass", another guy said.

Everybody in the circle started laughing.

"Hehe hell. At least I know when to stop", the guy said as he dapped Andrea up. "Good game though"

"Appreciation", Andrea said. "Anyone else wanna play?"

"I got a cell phone bill to pay", one of the guys said as he messed with his hair.

"Okay then. It was nice doing business with you guys", she said as she walked away smiling.